Central Boiler NEW e2300 classis Gasification?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtyedge

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Central Boiler NEW e2300 classic Gasification?

Does anyone own one of these Central Boiler e2300 units or have they seen them in person? The pictures on their website don't show any of the internal workings.

After looking at Woodmaster, Royal, and Central Boilers normal woodburning units, I have decided that I want to go with a gasification wood burning unit. These new ones from central boiler just came out so I am skeptical with purchasing one without reviews.

A friend converted a regular Central Boiler into a gasification wood burner and he is burning 1/4 of the wood that he has burnt the past few winters. He only has to throw a couple of logs in morning and night instead of filling it 3 times a day.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Aaron

Last edited:
Central Boiler web page denotes Maine & Vermont for the new e2300 model? I'd like to see some more info myself. You say a friend converted his, Was it a homebuilt job or some sorta kit? Burning a 1/4 of the wood you have in the past sounds to good to be true...But it's got my attention for now:monkey:

My friend did his own conversion from models that he had seen at the farm show. He took a 2 year old Central Boiler (obviously destroying the warranty) and cut holes in the water jacket adding two heat exchanger pipes along the bottom sides of the fire chamber.

He then built a wall in the back the comes 3/4 to the bottom of the original burn chamber preventing the smoke from exiting, without reburning first.
The design is such that the wood now sits on a grate and the blower fan on the door pushes air in and down through the wood and ash bed. When the oxygen, flames and smoke get through the ash bed they burn extremely hot and the result is more heat, almost no smoke, and very fine ash.

This is why I am interested in seeing pictures of how CB has built there unit, and if it is worth trying.

I'm a little on the daring side, but don't see myself hacking apart my 3 year old Central Boiler. I still would be interested in seeing this new unit, I'll have to get a hold of the dealer I got mine from and see if he has any more info....

I saw the new CB unit at the Ohio Power show. It had a small 8inch grate in the bottom with a tube that blew air down on the fire. Looked neat but it was 10K, too much for me.

I saw the new CB unit at the Ohio Power show. It had a small 8inch grate in the bottom with a tube that blew air down on the fire. Looked neat but it was 10K, too much for me.

I hear on 10k sounding scary to bite, But according to my calculations I'm bonin the fuel oil guy out of 8-9k this year(heating 2 homes and a 30x70 garage)I could deal with the 1 or 2 year payback...If it's what it's cracked up to be. I know everyone does'nt have the same scenario happening. Still has captured my interest to say the least.

Central Boiler web page denotes Maine & Vermont for the new e2300 model? I'd like to see some more info myself. You say a friend converted his, Was it a homebuilt job or some sorta kit? Burning a 1/4 of the wood you have in the past sounds to good to be true...But it's got my attention for now:monkey:

Reason for that (state designation) is the cost, and state restrictions in New England. Like EPA chainsaws, they are more expensive. I am not sure how much more efficient they are, but they claim to be pretty highly efficient. May be a way to copy the design in an older unit?

There is a lot of converted-OWB chat over on the MEN forum. Beware the spam and junk eamil that you will get from posting on that site though. We even had a travelling sales jerk come out here that was referred to by MEN. And we live way out here in the boonies... (MEN = Mother Earth News).

Last edited:
Well, it certainly LOOKS a lot nicer than the wood doctor gassification stove I was looking at. I too would like to find more info.

pic's please...

My friend did his own conversion from models that he had seen at the farm show. He took a 2 year old Central Boiler (obviously destroying the warranty) and cut holes in the water jacket adding two heat exchanger pipes along the bottom sides of the fire chamber.

He then built a wall in the back the comes 3/4 to the bottom of the original burn chamber preventing the smoke from exiting, without reburning first.
The design is such that the wood now sits on a grate and the blower fan on the door pushes air in and down through the wood and ash bed. When the oxygen, flames and smoke get through the ash bed they burn extremely hot and the result is more heat, almost no smoke, and very fine ash.

This is why I am interested in seeing pictures of how CB has built there unit, and if it is worth trying.

I have a heatmor and it has a grate running along the bottom, the blowers are located below the grate forcing the air up thru the wood and ash bed. When it is firing it has almost no smoke comming out the chimney and im surprised at the very little amount of ash i've had to clean out so far this winter. Now if i could only get it to burn 1/4 of the wood i'd be extactic.

Back