Chain/Bar Dealer Recommendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

infomet

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thanks for the help on my Timberbear starter search. The site turned uo a good used one...just right!

Please recommend yoiur favorite dealer for a new bar and chain for my little baby MS260 Stihl.

Wilson

Depends what you want to do with it. For general use, a standard Stihl Rollomatic 20 inch Bar works just fine with a full comp chisel (RS). If you want a safety chain, use the RM style.

Personally, I use a Stihl 16 inch pro bar bar, ES type (removable tip, but more importantly, solid rather than laminated), a semi or full skip RS chisel chain. Blasts though the 8-12+ inch wood I use it for.

Out here we use only 3/8 chain. If you're out East (East of the Columbia river, which isn't very far East!), .325 is likely more popular.

You can find the equivalent in Oregon bar/chain, but unless you live where there is no Stihl dealer, I'm not sure it makes any difference at all (but I sure some on AS will differ!).

There are several places to get a good deal on a bar and chain.
Baileys (sponsor here) will set you up, they have several brands of bars and chain
TonyM also on here sells GB bars and has chains for sale
then there is Jeff (Who sells GB bars and has chains also
I have bought from all three of them and am very happy with the service from all of them.

Latest posts

Back