Chain brake harder to set than normal... 025

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schmauster

Secret ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Im going to clean/oil chain brake assy on my 025 as ive noticed its been harder than usual to set. Super easy to unlock. Anything not obvious? Ill include a pic here soon... Im sure its just mucked up.

Thanks
Brian

I took the chain and cover off, sprayed it with Castrol Super Clean and sprayed it off with hot water. Sprayed some more degreaser on it and worked the brake a few times and its working normally. Just gunk buildup it seems. Going to spray the whole assembly with some silicone spray and cover it back up.

Thanks

After cleaning and lube the chain brake is operating normally. Hope this helps someone.

The clutch drum bearing wasnt turning smoothly, soaked it in degreaser, dried it and let it soak in synthetic racing motor oil. Turns much smoother now.

Attachments

• photo_2017-11-19_20-03-07.jpg
    photo_2017-11-19_20-03-07.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 7
  • photo_2017-11-19_20-03-13.jpg
    photo_2017-11-19_20-03-13.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 7
I have had poison oak all over my body but never on my eyelids. I was pulling some big oak chunks down the hill with our 4runner... Its just starting to freeze here so the poison oak is easy to miss as it has no leaves. Happy to at least get something done. Also swept a friends\ our 11 yo daugher teacher's chimney and brought over some oak. They havent used their wood stove in 3 years out of fear of a chimney fire. 1/4 inch of buildup in the pipes from not having a hot enough fire.. kinda glad they waited.. Also gave them an instruction on having a hot enough fire often

Back