Chain Recommendation for MS 361 "Big Brutus"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
talon1189 said:
I really have no use for a 20 inch setup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

I agree w/ you totally.

How much for the 20" b&c?... I can give you my UPS number for shipping...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Chaser

wagonwheeler said:
I agree w/ you totally.

How much for the 20" b&c?... I can give you my UPS number for shipping...:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Chaser
Thanks for the offer.........but.......I would keep it as I may need it someday :cheers: Besides.......I can't sell part of Brutus.......as we have made money and bonded together :bowdown: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

wagonwheeler said:
I agree w/ you totally.

Chaser
Thanks for the offer.........but.......I would keep it as I may need it someday :cheers: Besides.......I can't sell part of Brutus.......as we have made money and bonded together :bowdown: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

talon1189 said:

Glad you bonded so good..Now go out and buy a ms660 then tell us what you call it?? :hmm3grin2orange:

You could put a 60" bar on it, bury it in some really big wood and change the name to "Wee Willy Wimpy" :hmm3grin2orange:

Haywire Haywood said:
You could put a 60" bar on it, bury it in some really big wood and change the name to "Wee Willy Wimpy" :hmm3grin2orange:
Yup........except it has gotta me a tough masculine name thou :biggrinbounce2: cuz Brutus ain't no wimp :hmm3grin2orange: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

04ultra said:
Glad you bonded so good..Now go out and buy a ms660 then tell us what you call it?? :hmm3grin2orange:

If the 361 is Big Brutus and Talon buys a 660 we may never hear from him again...

But the 660 may start posting here...:Eye: :Eye:

Chaser

wagonwheeler said:
If the 361 is Big Brutus and Talon buys a 660 we may never hear from him again...

But the 660 may start posting here...:Eye: :Eye:

Chaser
Welp.......I was kinda thinking about maybe sending Big Brutus out this winter for a stage 2 update out to a northwestern USA company :popcorn: If I can pick up 3/4 + horsepower more for Big Brutus and then maybe run with Thalls new MS 441 and the 440's in a 16 inch log and weigh less than 2+ pounds in weight :greenchainsaw: :chainsaw: I am a risk taker :clap: I am all about being different......LOL! I have built my own turbo-charged 4 cylinder street/strip car and love modified motors, and have been a professional mechanic for over 25 years :) If I do............Maybe I would rename Big Brutus to the "Huge Hulk" or better?? Whatta ya thinK? Does anyone here on the forums have a port and polished modded MS 361??? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Last edited:
talon1189 said:
I am a risk taker :clap: I am all about being different......LOL! I have built my own turbo-charged 4 cylinder street/strip car and love modified motors, and have been a professional mechanic for over 25 years :) If I do............Maybe I would rename Big Brutus to the "Huge Hulk" or better?? Whatta ya thinK? Does anyone here on the forums have a port and polished modded MS 361??? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Talon

Several woods ported 361's around. They do cut well from what's been said.

And anyone who's attracted to numerous hobbies w/ a potential for serious injury is a pretty good fit here!!:cheers:

Chaser

fishhuntcutwood said:
In soft wood, it does OK. In Michigan oak....meh....

Well, well see. Ive got a log of White Oak on the trailer now. Need to cut it to size before milling.

attachment.php

CaseyForrest said:
Well, well see. Ive got a log of White Oak on the trailer now. Need to cut it to size before milling.

attachment.php

Na, just buy the 880 and mill it as is! :buttkick:

Hey, how long has that log been sitting there - SNOW on the trailer?

Lakeside53 said:
Na, just buy the 880 and mill it as is! :buttkick:

Hey, how long has that log been sitting there - SNOW on the trailer?

Working on it!! Wont have the cashola till mid Feb, I also havent heard back from my "source" on the final price for 880 with 41" bar.

I do get to try out the mill with the 36" bar and my Aux Oiler though.

I need to cut it to length, and cut the checking off the ends before I mill it. Good job for the 361 and 28".

Andy, I put that log on there this past Thursday!!!! we got almost 2" yesterday.

Latest posts

Back