Chain Saw Coating ????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcwhipple

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just stumbled upon a really interesting saw that was custom dyed and then coated with truck bed lining. It looks amazing and after thinking about it I totally get it. I’m thinking of trying this out on one of my project saws to see if it is as cool as I think it will be. Just wondering if anyone has had this done or has a warning not to do it. I can’t think of any reasons not to test it out.

I’d like to see some pictures. That DIY truck bed liner is quite durable but not very resistant to oil and gasoline. The urethane based bed liner coatings (rhino liner, line-x, etc) are resistant to oil and gasoline but have to be laid on pretty thick.

Black saws do look cool IMO but they are hard to spot on the woods floor. Probably why most manufacturers make brightly colored saws.

I do like 2 tone dyed plastics. Rhino lining may have issues grabbing on clothes, especially on a climbing saw as pictured.

Black saws do look cool IMO but they are hard to spot on the woods floor. Probably why most manufacturers make brightly colored saws.

I do like 2 tone dyed plastics. Rhino lining may have issues grabbing on clothes, especially on a climbing saw as pictured.
I hear you regarding the climbing saw catching clothing. Luckily I won’t be climbing much. I have 2 020s right now I’m rebuilding. I’ll mostly be using for limbing and fire wood. I think it’ll be a cool experiment and if it looks like that photo from eBay I’ll be pumped. Will look good on the wall too!!

Might hold heat in on the crankcases/covers.

Those pink saws make me want to puke.
You do know people do pink saws for cancer awareness right?

Most of the folks have had a family member that has had it or had themselves or even died from it.

We have a thread once a year for cancer awareness. Pretty neat the saws people have done over the years.

Husky and Stihl both do it too.

pink3120.jpgpink2.jpgpink22.jpgpink6600.jpg

what is the world coming to.
I look after all my saws but they are tools, if they looked that pretty I would leave them on the shelf and brush the dust off 3 times a week :numberone:

Latest posts

Back