Chain saw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike mandry said:
OK guys,.....................Will my SXL 925 be Ok with this ??......................

I know nothing about mills but I have quite a few Homelite 925's so if you need a few spares let me know.

Bill

you got a hell of a deal, and trust me, DONT SELL IT! i regret it every single day. making your own boards IS worth the trouble. i have done some beautiful boards with a stihl 046 mag, and a husky 181. the 046 was too small of a saw for the 30" boards i was milling. the 181 did quite well.
the 925 should do well since its 82.1cc and 5.19hp. eventualy you will want a larger saw if your doing it steady. i would highly suggest running 32:1 fuel mix because milling is pure hell on a saw. not much else can stress a saw out and heat it up like milling. you need all the protection you can get. forget octane boosters and other chemical junk, just run mid or prem grade gas. regular just wont do.

Bill, Ive got 3 925's one is like new & ive never ran it since I had it.

I just bought one a month or so ago on fleabay & am about done fixing it up.

My other one has a new top end & runs fantastic. All the saw I'll ever need.

I saw the one you had listed. Did it sell ??

I will keep you in mind for parts & such.

Mike

I have used my father-in-law's to saw some girder beams and 8x8 beams for a front porch. I used a spare 066. I found that getting the guide board? level is a must for good straight rips. But it is cool what you can do with the Alaskan Saw Mills.
have Fun, Tree Sling'r.

Mike mandry said:
Bill, Ive got 3 925's one is like new & ive never ran it since I had it.

I just bought one a month or so ago on fleabay & am about done fixing it up.

My other one has a new top end & runs fantastic. All the saw I'll ever need.

I saw the one you had listed. Did it sell ??

I will keep you in mind for parts & such.

Mike

Mike,

It did not sell and It will not at that price. I considered selling quite a few of them but not until someone shows a serious interest. I may try to the 1050'sand 1130's.

Bill

Latest posts

Back