• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Chains

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

axe2fall

Hound runner
Reaction score
Hate to ask but if anyone can spare any 3/8 .50 20" chains and / or .325 .063 18" chains to help us dig out of the tornado damage in Tappahannock, I can buy them or trade if need be. I will have to owe ya though. They can be used we have a grinder
Been cutting since tues night and the rescue squad has just asked for "chainsaw blades" I have been with them and have put everything I had on their saws and my loaner saws. The store shelves are empty the sizes above are what we are using most'
Internet is still down but will post pics of the carnage. Soon
Can ship to any business in tappahannock va or to my address
Andy brooKs
Pob 7
Carey va 22436

On a damiphone sorry but tired of fixing misspelling

What kind of saw's are you running that you will use the 20" bar and chain's for?

Hate to ask but if anyone can spare any 3/8 .50 20" chains and / or .325 .063 18" chains to help us dig out of the tornado damage in Tappahannock, I can buy them or trade if need be. I will have to owe ya though. They can be used we have a grinder
Been cutting since tues night and the rescue squad has just asked for "chainsaw blades" I have been with them and have put everything I had on their saws and my loaner saws. The store shelves are empty the sizes above are what we are using most'
Internet is still down but will post pics of the carnage. Soon
Can ship to any business in tappahannock va or to my address
Andy brooKs
Pob 7
Carey va 22436

On a damiphone sorry but tired of fixing misspelling

Are you looking for 70 or 72dl on the 3/8 050, and 72 or 74dl on the 325 063?

I have to make up some loops in the a.m. for @Toad22t , and can fill a small flat rate box for you while I am at it.

I have some 72dl 3/8 050 that I can box up also and send.
72 on the .50 and 74 on the .063.
I was a little out of sorts when I posted but what I am doing is meeting a crew with a truckload of my saws. We are clearing roads to get to damaged homes. As chains get dull I give up my saw and swap out chains. Then swap back. At the end of the day we are dropping off dull chains to another volunteer for grinding.
The problem is that we don't have enough chains to keep everyone working with sharp ones all day. Touch ups are not really a good use of time. This will prob go on for a couple of weeks.
Thanks Andy

72 on the .50 and 74 on the .063.
I was a little out of sorts when I posted but what I am doing is meeting a crew with a truckload of my saws. We are clearing roads to get to damaged homes. As chains get dull I give up my saw and swap out chains. Then swap back. At the end of the day we are dropping off dull chains to another volunteer for grinding.
The problem is that we don't have enough chains to keep everyone working with sharp ones all day. Touch ups are not really a good use of time. This will prob go on for a couple of weeks.
Thanks Andy

Andy,

Five loops tagged, boxed up, and ready to ship.
20160227_095550.jpg

hey axe hope you didnt lose anythin personally. oour church firewwwod ministry dropped 36 off at the firehouse yesterday. pm me if you need anything else , we will do what we can. god bless you all

Thank you guys. This thing was 1/4 mile wide and touched down for 28 miles. It went past my sons house, then my dads and then mine. We were all spared any damage but I had friends that were found 100 yards from where their homes used to be. No fatalities from this particular storm but many injuries. I traveled the entire path today. And as I was driving I realized that the tornado crossed pprox 15 roads but did not run parallel to any. So as bad as things are they could have been much worse. The church groups have been amazing. There are probably 300 chainsaws working the area.
Internet is still down. My wife's phone is how I get on the site. I will never say another word about spelling and punctuation.
Thanks again.

The fire chief just called me. They have 2 men with chain grinders and a large Stihl dealer contacted him and is sending a pile of chains from somewhere.
If anyone has plans to ship but has not yet, just hold on to them. I will post back if we need more.
I will return anything received if not needed.
My long time friend Chief Hayes just told me that we have about 50 families that now have absolutely nothing left.
That Tappahannock VA Red Cross provides for specific needs for individuals including mental health for traumatized children

Latest posts

Back