Chainsaw Acquisition Disorder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poulan XXV was a good first saw. That's what I started with in 1978. I wound up with three of them, and foolishly let them go a few years ago.
100% a pre existing condition. When I was a child I had a toy saw made by who knows. It was black and yellow very similar to my mac3200. Only the chain was a piece of bead chain, thay did actually turn and it made some sweet sounds. 4 stroked at the top and all haha. My parents must have replaced the batteries weekly.

Only recently did the disease present itself. Out of necessity really I needed to do a little cleanup at the house I bought. Borrowed my dads ms210 which needed some minor repairs, found this site and the rest is history.
a4611dfaa4e03c9f40462f5fd40e86c1.jpg

How many saws do I need? I have a 6401 Makita 20" bar 3/8 chain and a 359 Husky 18" bar and .325 chain.. These are used for firewood on dead Eucalypt logs from 1' to 2' thick, and an occasional bigger one. Tell me what else I need, please. I've got the bug ( thanks to you fellers), but unsure what else I could require .

p60 & up... got a p40 early in the collection, wanted [and found p61] bigger p series after that...

p60 & up... got a p40 early in the collection, wanted [and found p61] bigger p series after that...
Due to newby ignorance, I'm not familiar with the above no's. I am guessing they are Stihl's? Which do I need and why? Any info gratefully accepted. Cheers!

I take the pick up out to cut wood, and sometimes I have so many saws with me, I can't find any room for the wood I went to cut so I can haul it home.
Just buy a trailer for the wood...

Problem solved.

dw

for me guns are alot worse then saws. with saw i have what i need and any extra's that come along get flipped. saws also make me money so they pay for themselves really. guns are pricey and when i buy one i usually never consider selling it. it really is a bad disorder. i got so many hand guns it's stupid and here in Canada were only allowed to fire them at the range. have to have an authorization the transport just to move them from place to place too. this year so far i think i've only used a few of them to shoot up a couple macs and homelites.

Why would you do that?

I have noticed that Blondie no longer counts the saws in the garage after we passed the fifty mark. She never got it accurate anyway because I had more stuffed under shelves and the resident old car (dead) project.

With the recient purchase of fourteen 'fixer uppers', I think I passed the seventy mark but don't really know.

As long as I can find a spot for one more, we be happy.

I don't burn wood nor do I cut wood (townie) but we do like tinkering chainsaws and cutting large wood cookies. Neighbor's burn them in their fire pits. Go neighbors!

I want to thank all you hard core Cad afflicted people! My wife thought I had a screw loose till I showed her some posts on here and she admitted that there are others with screws looser than mine! I'm only at 40, mostly runners.

Latest posts

Back