Chainsaw advice I need a new one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled apart the 51 while I am deciding... cleaned it pulled out the oil pump it seemed ok. I cleaned it all and the oil passage is clear. I put it all back together and stated cutting a tree and the chain tightened up till it wouldnt move no slack at all in the chain it looks like it used some oil during the 5 minutes of cutting. Is there any place where I can find a parts schematic of this saw(husky 51) it has to be something to do with the tension screw tightening on its own.

Is your sprocket on the saw a spur type? does it have a groove wore in it? Look behind the clutch...

The spur type sprockets are essentially a drum that has 7 or so paddles that drive your chain.
They are a common wear item and will develop a deep groove in them over time where your chain rides.
When you install the chain and tension it, it may set down in the groove, but while running, it can come out on to the un-grooved surface and make your chain too tight.

Back