Chainsaw attack in Missouri

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iCreek

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
This happened over the weekend about 30 miles from where I live. Some whack job within a religious 'homeless' shelter, went off and cut-up some co-workers. We have Rev. Larry Rice to thank for transporting all the St. Louis rejects into our local community and wreaking havoc on the locals.

I kind of chuckled (at a bad situation) when I saw the brand of saw (scroll down in the article).. Looks like the one I use!!

http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2008/01/22/news_local/344local11survival.txt

Well I see someone already posted a thread on this story in the Chainsaw forum. (whoops)

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=60580&highlight=points

Last edited:
i think this guy is bullshooting someone. first he says this:

Rice said there was never any indication Watkins would pose such a threat to other shelter residents.

“His grandmother just dropped him off and said he needed help, that he wanted to learn a skill,” Rice said. “She never told us he's been in and out of mental institutions for the past 10 years.

then he goes on to say this, verifying they did know about his past mental issues:

“Even after checking his record, there was nothing that indicated he would do something like this.”

as an atheist myself, i'm glad i don't trust these self proclaimed "priests" of the church.

Folks just pray we don't get idiots regulating chainsaws like guns. That man there was a perfect example of why we need more licensed concealed carry holders personally if I was in that place with a gun his ass would have been grass.

blackdoggy - Agree 100%, as a proud member of the Missouri Conceal Carry Club, that headline would have read much different, more like "Chainsaw wielding religious freak shot to death by local man"

Many of my friends also excercise their right to carry, we always did and now its legal. Missouri also has a new 'Castle Doctrine", allowing lethal force to defend one's home and property. It allows carte blanche to kill anyone unlawfully entering a house or car or committing a forcible felony, such as kidnapping, armed robbery, burglary, arson, assault, rape, or sodomy. Wake up America and look at the Show Me state!!

Missouri's "Castle Doctrine" law does the following:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, so the occupant may use force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others.

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force. It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them. In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors to focus on protecting victims.

Folks just pray we don't get idiots regulating chainsaws like guns. That man there was a perfect example of why we need more licensed concealed carry holders personally if I was in that place with a gun his ass would have been grass.

Last edited:
Who was the genius who decided to give this mentally ill individual access to a chainsaw, or did he have it with him when Grandma dropped him off.

Seems like Rev. Rice has both bad judgement and disregard for the safety of other members of society.

Back