Chainsaw diversity

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redgap

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Not that I needed any more saws of any make and model...but I stopped in at a barn sale today and back in the corner found a Stihl 028 wb and a Stihl 028 av Super for $10 each. I wasn't looking for more saws/work but seemed to have decent compression and I figured even just the 20" bar on the Super was worth something, so...they followed me home. All I've done since is checked and found spark in both, 130# compression in the Super, and 150# compression in the wb. In between a bunch of Husky projects, I'll pull the muffler off the Super and look at the p&c. If and when I can get the wb running I'll probably give that to a buddy if he wants it, since I'm not wild about a hand guard instead of a chain brake.

Couldn’t resist putzing a little with them today. Put some gas in the WB and coaxed that into running. Pulled the muffler off the Super and the piston looked worn but not scored. It doesn’t fall when I lift it by the pull cord. Will post some pics this weekend after I finish cleaning them up.

Latest posts

Back