Chainsaw game when you can't cut..have fun!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LMAO!! Really cool! My wife came running in to see WTH I was doing :laugh:

And yes my lumberjack skills are unparalleled :greenchainsaw:

L.O.L.....I'm glad you had fun with it. We are still trying to tweak some of the issues with it. It does the job it is supposed to do...entertain and teach kids.

As others have said, "GREAT JOB!

One thought I have. I noticed that the gas cans run out at the same time. What do you think about having so much run time per can? Or....what about having a gas gauage that goes toward empty?

We need more teachers like you guys, my girlfriend works with 2nd and 3rd graders at a special ed. school and I'm sending her the link to see if she can use it in her classroom.

You guys should add more levels so AS could use it as a education piece. Some people should continue their education with proper English on this site...J/K
That game could make smarter men out of us all. Need to also expand it and use it for spelling too....maybe put two words up, one spelled correctly....and you have to cut the misspelled word off or something similar. Again great idea and there is a lot more you could expand on with this game.

anyone else have problems with the word cheerleaders? great game

I've always had problems knowing what to do with cheerleaders.

That keep messing up for me to.

My boy is about to turn 3, and wants to play for a 5th time. He can't read, but he does know his letters, and loves to make the log get cut!

I've always had problems knowing what to do with cheerleaders.

That keep messing up for me to.

My boy is about to turn 3, and wants to play for a 5th time. He can't read, but he does know his letters, and loves to make the log get cut!

L.O.L...He's working on the cheerleader word. That is one of the glitches..It will be working soon. Thanks!..I'll get my buddy on it. He does all the work. I just drink his beer and yell Whooo...hoooooo...wuuuuuuup!

Last edited:
You should optimize it... Way too heavy for what it is. Tell your friend to Profile it and you'll see.

It's a fun concept, had a laugh while I played it so that's great. :rock:

About profiling and optimizing... You can just reduce the bitrate of the audio, use a bit less jpeg encoding quality, instance the "cuts" by having solid symbols and just overlay a "cut" symbol during the cut instead of drawing each by hand, this will allow you to simply use a word list and with a few lines of code have it automatically generate the graphics instead.

Overall those techniques will make the game load and render faster. :msp_smile:

It seems with today's broadband most people just don't care about these things, but it's a vicious cycle... you get more speed, but you end up downloading more data.

Just a rant, I guess only developers will understand it :bang:

Glad to see you are using a Husky... got to teach these kids at an early age what a real saw is! :msp_w00t:

Latest posts

Back