• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Chainsaw lewis winch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had mine for close to 50 yrs, doesn't look like they've changed at all. They were originally made over on the Oregon coast, they have since moved to British Columbia. Mine had an xl 12 on it originally, just bought new adapter to put my stihl 026 on it. Looks kinda funny, it painted old homelite blue against the stihl orange. Mine has a 150:1 gear reduction the last one made by Lewis, they said it put to much strain on the aluminum spool, they were right had to have them redo the spool, yarding to many elk up to the road at one time.

I have one where the saw bolts to a short bar in between the winch and saw.It has a mount on the winch like the one shown,but isn't slotted for the bar studs.
Has anyone converted an older one with the bar to mount to one where the saw bolts to the winch?
I got mine with a 2100CD on it,i had to use it last week for the first time and the 2100 wouldn't run right,so i didn't want to risk the P/C so i had to gerry rig my 046 on it.It had a 7 pin on both the saw and winch,but to use up the slack in the chain i had to go to a 8 on the winch and a 10 on the saw.
I like to newer mounting system,makes for a smaller package,the way i got it,it's close to 4 ft long.

Latest posts

Back