Chainsaw pants???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tall 6'4'' here as well. I may be partial to Stihl's, but even on their website they aren't long enough. Add my closest dealer is more of a seller than an advisor. (Just wear Carhart's they say) I have watched the Stihl videos on chap performance when they come in contact with a chain. Impressive.

I'm open to comments and suggestions too...

I'm 6'1" and I'm currently using the 36" Echo chaps, and they're a hair too short for my liking. In hindsight I would've gone with the 40" chaps, not even sure if those would be long enough for you really tall guys out there though

I'm 6'1" and I'm currently using the 36" Echo chaps, and they're a hair too short for my liking. In hindsight I would've gone with the 40" chaps, not even sure if those would be long enough for you really tall guys out there though
Dang, do you not have a torso?

Dang, do you not have a torso?
I think it's the other way around, I wear 32x32 jeans, I just prefer the top of my chaps to be a touch above my waistline. I've got a pic of what my friends 32" Stihl chaps look like on me (had to borrow his because I forgot mine, FWIW he’s 5’6) and they look comedically short on me

Found the pic for reference to appropriate chap length to height. Here’s what the 32” Stihl chaps look like on me (6’1 in my work boots)

Attachments

• IMG_0479.jpeg
    IMG_0479.jpeg
    319.9 KB · Views: 0
I think it's the other way around, I wear 32x32 jeans, I just prefer the top of my chaps to be a touch above my waistline. I've got a pic of what my friends 32" Stihl chaps look like on me (had to borrow his because I forgot mine, FWIW he’s 5’6) and they look comedically short on me
Gotta protect the family jewels and the guts to do this job 🤣🤣

Tall 6'4'' here as well. I may be partial to Stihl's, but even on their website they aren't long enough. Add my closest dealer is more of a seller than an advisor. (Just wear Carhart's they say) I have watched the Stihl videos on chap performance when they come in contact with a chain. Impressive.

I'm open to comments and suggestions too...
As far as chaps go I like my clogger zeros, had stihls and their alot hotter vs the zeros.

Man that sucks, have an accident?
Nah, I just tend to bend over like that when I’m cutting below waist level. I’ve accumulated some pretty good sized scars over the years, fortunately I’ve never came close to a chainsaw accident yet, don’t plan on it either.

Nah, I just tend to bend over like that when I’m cutting below waist level. I’ve accumulated some pretty good sized scars over the years, fortunately I’ve never came close to a chainsaw accident yet, don’t plan on it either.
Good, glad to hear. be careful my friend.

Find a pant you like and go to the manufacturers website, they should have tall sizes.
Yes, I found this out as well. Seems odd to me that the “sites” that have everything else won’t carry the tall versions but it’s the world we live in I guess. SMH, most tree dudes are ill proportioned in one way or another and they still only offer the cookie cutter size that barely anyone fits and still charge an arm and a leg. I know I’m a crying shame, lol!

Yes, I found this out as well. Seems odd to me that the “sites” that have everything else won’t carry the tall versions but it’s the world we live in I guess. SMH, most tree dudes are ill proportioned in one way or another and they still only offer the cookie cutter size that barely anyone fits and still charge an arm and a leg. I know I’m a crying shame, lol!
Yes you're right, I'm 6,2' so it's hard to find stuff local that fits. Best to go to the manufacturer.

Also another thing it's better to have them a little long than a little short.
I wear chainsaw boots so I've got a little more protection, but still they need to go to the top of your boots. I needed 42" btw.

Latest posts

Back