Chainsaw runs but chain doesn't turn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dfm1018,

See if anyone on the site lives close by and would be willing to show you some of the ins-and-outs of chainsaw maintenance, useage and technique. I'm sure someone here would be willing, these guys seem to eat, sleep and drink chainsaws. Buy them a beer or two, and remember what was shared. Be safe.

:agree2: Where in PA are you Dfm1018 ??

I feel like an idiot but that was indeed the problem. I only use this saw once every couple of years and I now remember that I had this same problem last time I used the saw. It took me forever to figure out it had a chain brake and how to release it.

Thanks for the tips guys.

It might be a good idea to get a owners manual for that saw ( or any chainsaw) and read it. I'm sure your local stihl dealer will give you one.

I feel like an idiot but that was indeed the problem. I only use this saw once every couple of years and I now remember that I had this same problem last time I used the saw. It took me forever to figure out it had a chain brake and how to release it.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Could be worse, a mate* of mine got another mate to help him push start a motorbike that was playing up before he remembered that bike also had a killswitch that latched in the off position instead of one that you just pressed till the engine stopped.
Pushed it up and down a street for about five minutes as well.

*Ahem:eek:

Latest posts

Back