Chamfer After Porting

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodyman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I am going to see if I can wreck a good 026 jug by doing a mild port job on it and I had a question on what is the best tool to use to put the chamfer back on the inside of the cylinder after doing the grinding on the intake and exhaust ports?I have never done this before and there is a voice in my head saying you have to do this or something terrible will happen to me so I must.Is this that CAD guy that is in my head?I have read everything I can on porting but can not find the answer I seek,maybe I missed it:givebeer: any help would be appreciated.

I like to use a 1/2 inch round ball stone, Easy to control the angle of the bevel without changing the angle of the tool simply by controling where the radius of the stone meets the port edge.

Somewhere around here I have a couple hundred of those cone shaped stones on an 8th" shank. I would think they would work great for porting. If I can find them I'd be happy to send some to any of you porting fellers if ya want them. I used to sell them for deburring the holes in golf club heads but that business is long gone.

Stone.jpg

Now if I could only remember where I put them.

Last edited:
Back