Charge taxes to bid?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

argueta

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How many of you all charge taxes to the bid price? If you do, do you mention it before starting job?

In Ohio tree work is roughly 6.5% (little higher or lower depending on the county) I put it on all my bids. I want people to know what pot our wonderful government is reaching it's hand into and how much it's taking.

You guys have sales tax on services???

Sylvia

Sure do in NY state! Only exception is a service that would increase the homes value ,then that tax would be collected by the local assessor. Example,mowing the lawn is taxable,dropping a tree is taxable,since they are maintenance. But planting a tree or putting mulch around them is not taxable because they both are services that increase the homes value and tax collection would be done by local govt thru assessment increases over time.Im not saying i agree 100% with it,but its how my acct, told me it works here.

My Work Proposals read "$xxx.xx plus sales tax" or $xxx.xx, including sales tax) in the main part of the contract.

Below, as on a check, I have it written in word and $xxx.xx.
It usually shows "$1000 plus 8.5% sales tax ($1085.00).

Show them what I'm getting for it, and a little less sticker shock when they see the number up top first, let them get adjusted to the idea and do the math.

Last edited:
Back