Chest deep..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bclure

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Cut up a tree chest deep in the Conneticut river today.. You know, when you get tired and relax your arms for just one moment.. You saw quits IMMEDIATELY upon submersion?!? Lucky that I was using an old 019T and an 031AV. I left the newer saws at home for this one. Fun! I put tension on the pullcord until it squeezed water out of the cylinder, pulled it gently about 10X the gave it 5 yanks and she was running again.

Brendan

Those jobs stink, a good challenge but very hard work. Not being able to put the saw down can be harder than youd think. Its something that shouldnt be underestimated, as its not differcult to get pinned and drowned, loose to much body heat due to the cold and get sloppy.

A light life jacket might sound stupid but in these kind of cases that make sense.

Your lucky you didnt put the rod through the side of the jug hahaha.
Ive seen it happen to a 4wheeler

Amphibious tree works always interesting :laugh:

You know, when you get tired and relax your arms for just one moment.. You saw quits IMMEDIATELY upon submersion?!?

Yeah, water makes a pretty quick path to ground!:)

You also have to hold your right elbow way high, very awkward, or in tight to your ribcage, also tiring, so the huge-arsed rooster-tails of water don't just go straight up into your armpit and down into your waders.

Cutting in chest high water is really fatiguing, you're guessing at your footing, breaking the basic rules of saw control just to complete the cut while unfamiliar currents and eddies push you around.

The second time I did a water removal, I tied in overhead, wore my knee-high rubberized caulks and used my ropes to maintain proper position. Molto bueno, but not always possible.

My third water removal...? Don't know if I dread it or look forward to it. I know I'll earn my money when it happens!

RedlineIt

Latest posts

Back