Chipper Issues.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OutOnaLimb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Friday, the discharge chute on our Bandit 150 got clogged up with a bunch of stringy branches from a Russian Olive. We took off the chute and cleared that, but a bunch of chips got stuck between the disc and the anvil and it jammed up the disk and we couldnt get the disk spinning again. We smoked the clutch a little trying to get it freed up, but wound up jacking up the feed rollers and blowing out all the chips with the blower and prying them loose with a bar tool. After we got the disk freed we could engage the clutch, but the clutch wont lock into position now. We called the Bandit dealer who is out of state untill tomorrow but he he wasnt much help. Has any one ever had the clutch handle on one of their bandit chippers refuse to lock into position???

Kenn:confused:

Did you try re-adjusting the PTO?

BTW, try this in the "Large Equipment" forum.

No, I didnt. Im not sure even how to do that. Sorry for posting this thread here. If the moderators want to move it, thats cool with me.

Kenn

Do you have the manual for the machine? It will be in there.

Also, on the Rockford's it's written on a tag on the housing.

Yeah, Its a Rockford. Duhhhhh, I should be able to figure it out now. Thanks for the help. BTW I re posted this thread in the equipment forum.

Kenn

Latest posts

Back