Chipper question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toxic2

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
First off i know this isnt as nice as a venmer or the new chipper i see around now adays but for the average joe like me would this make a decent chipper? I cant tell if it has a hydraulic feeder or not. I do know it is a gas eng. Just wondering if anyone else had some insight into this machine..He is asking 2999.00 for it. Also would i be able to shoot chips into my regular 3/4 ton ford if i made plywood side boards no trouble?

Attachments

• $_27.JPG
    $_27.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 82
I know far more than almost anyone about drum chippers and I don't even know what that is. I saw one at auction a few months ago. They have a very unusual drum and blade system. It may be an old Olathe but I'm not sure. It is not hydraulic.
I do know that I would not pay more than $500 for it and at that it would be more of a curiosity than anything else.
Considering I don't know anything about them and I'm the expert, you might want to stay away from it.

I was happy to get $1000 for my old Woodchuck several months ago.
It looked considerably better than that one.
The frame and axle on it are worth more than the chipper, imo.

Just curious what the concensus was on altec 1217 12 inch chippers with a 3 cylinder cat engine were. The tandem trailer makes the thing look huge.. They look to be on par with the vermeer and morbark chipper. Just wondering if there is anything to look for when buying one. Thanks

Back