chipperr im helpless hydro motor shaft frozen onto infeed rollers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

millbilly

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I can break and I can fix my share of equipment but this has me stumped. Heres the problem, the hydrolic pump shaft that turns the intake feeder roller is stuck inside the roller and wont side out. The lower motor slid right out of the roller with no problems.

Here is what i have tried; chisle between the pump and roller, two chisles on both sides of shaft, pry bar, screw drivers, wd40 , pb blaster, and finally the tourch, got it so hot, almost cherry, i hope i haven't done damage to the bearings.

There is no room to get behind it, and i cant see how i could get any type of puller on it.

Any ideas would be appreciated

not that it matters its an older morbark and the shaft is 1" bandits are set up the same way

Thankyou for your thoughts

Don't know if yours is the same, but the I took the hyd. motor on the feedwheel off my Woodsman 18X once to repair it. I called Woodsman first. They told me to open the access plate on the feedwheel to remove the nut on the threaded end of the shaft in order to remove the feedwheel. The shaft had a Morse taper and it still was extremely hard to pull off, even using a torch to heat the wheel and a puller.

Latest posts

Back