chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEERE350c

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
what is a better deal? 1987 morbark #200 w/ 6k hours on it for $4500 or a 1997 veermer 1230 with 2k hours for $9000? they both have new paint and have solid engines that were well taken care of.

Niether. Spend $13000-$17000 and get a whole of a lot better chipper.
2003 Morbark 2070XL, 10 Inch, 86 HP Cat Diesel, Autofeed, $16,500

Contact Information
Arnie’s Treerific Tree Service
Mark Arensodorf
152 Main St
Dubuque
IA - 52001
USA
563-590-6821 or 563-588-0091

10 inch hyd feed brush chipper, perkins diesel, autofeed, dealer reconditioned, low hours.

Contact Information
Deacon Equipment Co
WF Deacon
22 Wedgetown Rd
Bloomsburg
PE - 17815
USA
570-784-1206

Last edited:
DEERE350c said:
what is a better deal? 1987 morbark #200 w/ 6k hours on it for $4500 or a 1997 veermer 1230 with 2k hours for $9000? they both have new paint and have solid engines that were well taken care of.
Does the Vermeer have a Perkins diesel and is a disc? What a freaking nightmare they are, don't get it. Can't advise you on other chippers, I remember this pos constantly in the shop, not running good, getting fixed again and agian untill it was traded in, good riddance, heavy junk.

the morbark sold but the guy still has the 1230. yes it is a 12" disk w/ the 80 horse perkins. there is 2000 hrs on it. im going to try to talk him down to about $7500-$8000. i live in northeastern PA and im trying to find a decent machine fairly close to me because i dont have time to be ????ing around with going to look at it and dragging it more than 200 miles. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY SIMILAR MACHINES UNDER $10,000 IN THIS AREA, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

ps--howmuch is that morbark in bloomsberg, PA

DEERE350c said:
the morbark sold but the guy still has the 1230. yes it is a 12" disk w/ the 80 horse perkins. there is 2000 hrs on it. im going to try to talk him down to about $7500-$8000. i live in northeastern PA and im trying to find a decent machine fairly close to me because i dont have time to be ????ing around with going to look at it and dragging it more than 200 miles. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY SIMILAR MACHINES UNDER $10,000 IN THIS AREA, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

ps--howmuch is that morbark in bloomsberg, PA
You don't have the time to be ???? around looking?, your gonna be spending lots of time cursing and waiting on the 1230. It is not a decent machine, I am not making this up, the freaking thing my old boss had was regarded as a pos by everyone at the yard, dreadfull. Take the time, find something else.

they want $15900 but you can get them down to $15000 easy

one thing to consider with a perkins engine is the extra vibration the create,not saying there a bad engine...

I had a Vermeer 1250 for about 8 years and loved it. It had a Perkins engine which had no problems with it. I especially like the auto feed and the feature where you could swing machine around 45 degrees. Very safe when working roadside, kept you out of traffic. The only reason I sold it was because i retired and sold the tree service. I would definitely buy another Vermeer. Just my thoughts.

too bad no one put detroit diesels in some of these machines, more cat engines would be nice aswell even on the smaller machines. all you see are cummins, perkins, duetz.......and the occasional cat in the larger machines

The Perkins in my bosses Vermeer was "fixed" by many, including the Perkins dealer. Maybe it was built on a friday, who knows, but the disc setup is bunk as well, night and day to a BC1000, which is a very nice machine.

Well, it's the only diesel I've ever owned, but the 115 horse Perkins in my 97 BB 250XP runs like a top--have had it for 6 years.

Latest posts

Back