Citrus Tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fecker

Reaction score
I bought three 18" citurs trees two years ago and planted them. They were planed correctly. When I got them, one had small limes on it. From that time on, there has been no flowers, buds, or anything else. They're growing, a little. They don't look in need of anythng. One had not grown hardly at all, but they're green, not dieing.

What is the best any of pruning these trees? I thought that maybe they might need pruning because they do have other branches growing from the bottom. Are these drawing from the main trunk?

Thanks for your help.

Frank Ecker

Any sucker sprouts growing from near the base should be cut off. Virtually all citrus is grafted onto a hardy root stock and suckers from below the graft are no good. You may notice that they are thornier than the other limbs in your citrus tree too.
If they were happy, they would be spitting buds right now. I would recommend fertilizing with a balanced fertilizer, either 6-6-6 or citrus fertilizer. Feed them 2x per year for a few years and you should get lots of fruit.

Latest posts

Back