CL wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruzer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
:chainsaw:

Called a guy yesterday as he had posted free wood on CL... said he cleared about 1/2 acre :greenchainsaw: of wood and just wanted it gone...mentions a few folks coming over etc. So ended up with 1/2day today so off i went...

One guy that showed up right after i got there was a little perturbed cause he thought he was getting it all for himself...even drove his tractor across town to load "his" wood....

Anyway i got one load :clap: ...about 25miles one way for me. A third guy showed up after we had started cutting(seperatly)...anyway a lot of oak...Thats mostly what i got...got a little poplar?? but left that till last.

Oh and don't get distracted after filling the bar oil up and forget to put the cap back on the chain saw...you will end up like i did with bar oil all over your pants...:cry:

Enjoy

Last edited:
Thats some nice looking stuff!
I call that holy wood as thats the kind of perfect looking wood they use in splitter demo vids. Made in Hollywood.

Thats some nice looking stuff!
I call that holy wood as thats the kind of perfect looking wood they use in splitter demo vids. Made in Hollywood.

LOL yeah this stuff is just about "perfect" no branches, almost no crotches etc. I seem to always end up with the crotch and branch areas on wood i get...but haven't paid a dime for the wood i burn..yet...only the equipment.

Stew

cruzer;958162 Oh and don't get distracted after filling the bar oil up and forget to put the cap back on the chain saw...you will end up like i did with bar oil all over your pants...:cry: Enjoy[/QUOTE said:
don'tcha hate when that happens. Nice load of wood, nice truck too btw! :cheers:

:chainsaw:

Oh and don't get distracted after filling the bar oil up and forget to put the cap back on the chain saw...you will end up like i did with bar oil all over your pants...:cry:

Enjoy

Good Haul

Get a pair chaps. It'll keep the oil off your pants.

What kind of springs do you have under that pickup? It sure isnt 'squatting' much for all that wood. Nice!!

Truck is an 1985 GMC K3500 SRW, 6.2NA diesel, TH400. It has a GVW of like 9900lbs. Rear axle is 14boltFF, Front is D60, 4:11 gears with LS in the rear. I have had it squatting worse than that before. It's slow but it gets the job done. It rides like a buck board on the way to pick wood up and it then it's nice an smooth on the way home.

I used it a few times to pickup wood with no sides on it and I would get pissed cause i knew the truck could handle more, it physically could fit more so i built the sides and the back rack for it and now i have can loader her up no problem.

It's a great Fire wood truck

Stew

Truck is an 1985 GMC K3500 SRW, 6.2NA diesel, TH400. It has a GVW of like 9900lbs. Rear axle is 14boltFF, Front is D60, 4:11 gears with LS in the rear. I have had it squatting worse than that before. It's slow but it gets the job done. It rides like a buck board on the way to pick wood up and it then it's nice an smooth on the way home.

I used it a few times to pickup wood with no sides on it and I would get pissed cause i knew the truck could handle more, it physically could fit more so i built the sides and the back rack for it and now i have can loader her up no problem.

It's a great Fire wood truck

Stew
That explains it. Now dont forget to put your tag on!!

Back