• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Clearing Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colton T

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a clearing saw. Prefer Stihl but will consider husky. Fs450/460 or 550 would be great. Please PM me if you have one or know of anybody that does. May consider trading some of my other saws.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you ever ran a FS450 or FS550? If not I would suggest you try to run one since you are wanting one over a Husky. I have a FS350 and FS550 and I can tell you they are not comfortable to run. I will eventually be looking to replace them and will be looking a Husqvarna models. I am not sure I will like them better but I will give them a try.

I have not ran any. Currently have blade setup on my 535ls trimmer and it’s not quite up to the task.

Unfortunately clearing saws are not that common around me so little opportunity to demo any.

How thick of material are you cutting?

What type of blade? There is a lightweight plastic blade with three "points"/ends that do the cutting, which would reduce some load on the motor over a heavier, metal cutting blade.

Cutting saplings and brush. Carbide blade works fantastic but easily stalls trimmer.

Latest posts

Back