Climb Right wire core flipline

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have done 7 removals since I got my gear. You would have thought any tree that is a single trunk would be easy to climb. I am finding out different in a hurry. Two things I know now: I have a lot to learn, and there sure are a lot of ways for things to go wrong. One more thing, cold trees do not want to let go of my spikes.

Start a small fire around the tree before you start... warms the tree up and gives you a real good reason to work faster. All joking aside, one mistake many new climbers make is driving the spikes in too hard. Not sure if you do this but once you get use to just letting the spikes do the work it does get easier. Of course thats easy to say for us fat guys.

Interesting point. I do make an effort to set my spikes firmly. There is only 150 lbs of me, so I was driving them with authority. Mine are Buckinghams at 2 3/4 inch. Will I ever need a different length? And which side of the tree is best to start the fire? Maybe the north, I can burn of the moss while I am at it. I have one or two trees to do this winter, both are Norway pines.

Back