climber's in area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squisher

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know this is a longshot and if it's in the wrong spot or inappropriate I won't be offended if it is moved. I'm wondering if their are any other treeclimbers near me that might be interested in getting together to share idea's and techniques. I have lots of spur climbing experience(from logging) but limited rope experience. I have taken rock climbing courses and climbed recreationally. I have found the couple of other local tree company's too busy or not interested in working with what they view as their competition. I have my own small tree care business.

I'm in the okanagan valley in Vernon, B.C. Canada and can't really travel too far. I'm a member of the ISA and Pacific Northwest Chapter and beleive in proper tree care techniques.

two wraps on this prussic wont hold me. needs to be three.
Single rope techniqe whereas you climb one rope instead of two.
I havent tried to climb on this set up its just s new thougawt.

Last edited:
two wraps

xtremetrees said:
two wraps on this prussic wont hold me. needs to be three.
Single rope techniqe whereas you climb one rope instead of two.
I havent tried to climb on this set up its just s new thougawt.

Two wraps on the tree, one might slip and you'll go for a ride.

Thanks for replying. All information is welcomed.
Is that a running bowline tied off with one or two half-hitches?
I've never used this set-up either but I would think you would for sure need a three wrap prussic because of the reduced friction in this system.

I invite all responses as to the pro's and con's that people have found with this system.

Hey Squisher I'm located in Golden, BC and am currently starting up a small tree care business here aswell. I worked for a large tree care company years ago, and have since been working as a forest tech in the Golden area. Would be interested in meeting with other climbers aswell....I will actually be in Vernon on October 14th to write the ISA cert exam.

hey squisher...Hopefully I'll be in Vernon to write the test as well...if i can get in...I've recently started my own tree service business but mainly contract out for windfirming and standing stem in the forestry end of things...It'd be cool to hook up and chuck some idears around...

Back