Climbing spruce

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HS Climber

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I was doing a little work this weekend at the sisters house taking out some low lying limbs.
well to get to the point my rope is just all gumed up with spruce pitch. my rope was white well off white but now its like purple. So how would i clean this or what is the best way.

I was doing a little work this weekend at the sisters house taking out some low lying limbs.
well to get to the point my rope is just all gumed up with spruce pitch. my rope was white well off white but now its like purple. So how would i clean this or what is the best way.

You can take it to the laundromat and put it in one of the industrial washing machines with a non-detergent soap, NO BLEACH! Hang it out to dry.

However, pine and spruce sap is really a biotch to get off of ropes. You might not be able to get it all off your rope. I use a cheap safety blue rope to climb pines and spruce and spare my main climbing line which I try to keep looking nice and in good shape.

Back