Climbing stuff swap

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrowhead

RARE BREED
Reaction score
I ended up with some used climbing harnesses, pulleys, etc. and hand trimming saws.
I know nothing about this stuff except that I'm afraid of heights and keeping my butt on the ground.
For all I know it can be worthless crap, outdated or maybe worth something??
I'd be willing to trade for saw parts or chains. If anybody has any interest... I can post pics.
I usually post in the chainsaw forum, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this.

Sorry it took awhile to get the pics up, I've been busy as heck. Everything looks to be in good shape. I'm assuming the cutter bits are for a chipper. I'll try to get the hand saw pics up tomorrow if there is any interest... they are all used, but seem very sharp. They have a leather sheath and belt clip.

IMG_9848.jpg

IMG_9851.jpg

IMG_9850.jpg

IMG_9849.jpg

The blades are off a bull lopper and look unused. The two matching pulleys are unrated, and are the mechanical advantage part off the same bull lopper. The yellow strap is a fall arrest device for people working at heights. The small purple pulley looks rated.

Shaun

Any interest In this stuff?
Ain't lookin for much... decent used bars, chains... whatever.
Pm me with any offers.

Sorry man, but that stuff is not really worth anything. Those belts are bucket belts, no leg straps. The only thing that looks like it is newer is the micro, that is even pretty old. Tink ur best bet would be to go to a outfit and see if they want to buy any of it.

sorry but those old belts are equal to medieval torture devices and are junk

only item worth anything is the fall arrester device, provided it still works OK.
aluminum pulley looks hammered. lopper blades are nice, costs about $10 ea

Last edited:
It is funny when you know what we used to do anything with, and you listen to some of the stuff around here.

That said, I like my wraptor, and saddle with the seat these days. Lol
Yeah you really turned into quite the lazy son of a ***** there. Lol. Those saddles are good starters for a newb without much coin to spend. Put many hours in a similar model myself. If you are local I'd make an offer just keep them from landing in some aspiring tree guys hands but it wouldn't be much. You're peddling to the wrong crowd here. We've all been there and don't want to go back. Try stopping by some local tree service lots to hock them but it probably won't be worth the gas to drive there.

ebay the lot starting at $5, $15 shipping to lower 48 only, or individually at $.99 w/ $5 shipping would be your best bet. Barely worth the time to mess with it, and I sure as hell wouldn't try to craigslist it because the phone calls will be more trouble than the little money you'll get from that stuff, especially if you are running a business and already pressed for time.

Hunters may like those saddles for getting up to a stand? Just a thought, not a hunter, so I wouldnt know. But I should, Snowzombie Apocalypse is coming.

Latest posts

Back