clutch replacement for sc252

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
found one thanks

I found one at Poston Equipment in Pearland Texas. Beat the Vermeer price!!

How many hours are on your machine. Just curious as to when the clutch could possibly go. Our SC252 has JUST under 1000 hours.

-Matt

Beast12 said:
How many hours are on your machine. Just curious as to when the clutch could possibly go. Our SC252 has JUST under 1000 hours.

-Matt

No way it's original at 1000!! I think they all run the Ogura clutches. Lawn mower shops can order them for you. Make sure you "burnish" it in as shown on the Ogura web site - basically cycling it on off a few hundred times before you use it.

Yep, it is the original electrically activated clutch. Machine was bought by our company brand new in April 2002. I am the only one who has done maintenance on it.

Do they have a tendancy to go out earlier? How much do they cost and how long do they "usually" last?

-Matt

Glad you found one quick. I am really impressed with the folks at Poston. I bought my stump grinder from them in the spring, and they were great to deal with. So far, have only needed a set of teeth for it. I ordered them from Poston, and had them next day. That is good service in my book.

I use up a clutch in about 500 hours, however i am running 35% more torque through the clutch than the 25 H.P. Kohler does. It is most important that you burnish the clutch prior to grinding.

just got back from the farm

My machine has 600 hours on it. I bought it from a rental place in Houston. Maybe a mistake? I found out soon enough. I noticed a noise coming from the clutch side of the engine during my first job. It was a 5 foot diameter whit ash stump. Couldn't stand it so after removing all the belts I discovered the clutch bearing was bad. Had to replace it. Poston had one in stock and beat Vermeers price. Anybody know where I can order teeth online? Cheaper?

What type of teeth?? Hard to find a deal on the Vermeer Pro Series. Standard teeth you can get from Border City in Michigan. I don't think they have a website - just good quality teeth cheap!

Is there an aftermarket clutch? If so I need to know the brand and part#.
Know I’m late to the party here but O P E makes one. Look up the 252 upgrade thread, I’m pretty sure it’s listed in there somewhere near the ending pages. Search will help.

Latest posts

Back