coil help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YEs

As long as they are the same type flywheel there were 2 different types of ignition. if they have the same mounting holes they are the same

This is points you have right?

I just looked the two different types are internal flywheel magnets and external flywheel magnets so the difference is obvious between the two types

Last edited:
enjoys cutting said:
does anyone know if a coil from a dolmar 119 will work on a 112? thanks

NO! The 119 and the 112 have 2 completely different ignition systems.

A electronic ign. coil from a 116si, 120si, PS6000, or a PS6800 will work.

Scott

PEST said:
Okay do tell

I am sitting with 2 right here

What else is there to tell they are two completely different systems the 119 is a bosch internal coil system and the 112 is a external coil. Also they use different mag side crankcases and different flywheels, and different crankshafts.

Or maybe its just my 27 years experience with Dolmar saws that says so.

Scott

Last edited:
PEST said:
How about the 114?

Same rules as the 112.. The 112 was points the 114 was transistor ign. also applies to the 113 and the 3.4 ci 116
The best fix for either is a electronic coil from a 116si, 120si, PS6000, or PS6800

Scott

When I get over that way I'll try to remember to bring the 119 with external flywheel I have sitting right here.

You forgot to mention he should try to get the Ducati manufactured coil

PEST said:
When I get over that way I'll try to remember to bring the 119 with external flywheel I have sitting right here.

You forgot to mention he should try to get the Ducati manufactured coil

I never said it had a internal flywheel.
the appropriate part # for a new coil is 030143041 and the coil does not say ducati on it like the ones did a few years ago, it just has a Dolmar logo on it. BTW had alot of defective ducati coils the coils we have used the last 4 or 5 years with the Dolmar logo I have not had one failure with.

The only point I was making was that there are some 119s out there with an external magnet flywheel ignition I have one here and I have worked on another one. I am not here to argue with anyone you can believe it ir not I have seen both types of ignitions on 119s internal magnet and external magnets. Whether or not they came from the factory that way I have no idea.

Perhaps you sgould simply sell him a replacement coil and I will no longer share information on this particular brand of saw as I now understand that Dolmar is covered

thanks for the info guys,didn't want to start any fist fights!!! lol good to see a real heated discussion. anyway i was also wondering cuttingscott how much a coil for the 112 would go for and can any dolmar dealer get one. thanks

enjoys cutting said:
thanks for the info guys,didn't want to start any fist fights!!! lol good to see a real heated discussion. anyway i was also wondering cuttingscott how much a coil for the 112 would go for and can any dolmar dealer get one. thanks

Readily available right from any dolmar dealer retail price is $64.70
Scott

Latest posts

Back