colder than a pimps heart!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Checking in at 14 below this morning. CB is running flat out and the house is down to 58 degrees. Hope it moderates soon. The furnace drinks about a cord a week when it is this cold.

-29 C here this moring. It was about -25 C yesterday morning and I was cutting some free slabs up for a couple of hours with my ps5100.

God, i miss my recently stolen 357 xpG. My hands almost froze.

I dont know how you folks in the north deal with this cold, its 5 degrees here in the shop, waiting for the stove to warm the place and my fingers are so stiff, cant even type. I was supposed to work today, but I doubt my fingers are going to be up to the task.

never thought 4 above would sound warm but compared to you guys it sounds pretty good.

Also brisk on the coast of Maine. -24 this morning. Beautiful blue sky looking day too. Very crisp underfoot. The dog was out and in pretty quickly this morn after the bizz. Cookstoves pegged on biscuits (550 degrees) and the Jotul is cranked at the other end of the house. Fortunately I'm into my best wood now too! Feels like a big pot of chilli, stew, or pasta sauce kinda day!:cheers:
PS: Looking out at the bay and the sea is smoking. Air is so much colder than the water it looks like the ocean is simmering!

Last edited:
Checking in with a balmy -33°f this morning without the wind chill. This is supposed to be the end of it. I sure hope so my stove is burning wood like a bastard. If it gets up in the +20°'s like they say Saturday I will be wearing shorts and a tee shirt outside.

Also brisk on the coast of Maine. -24 this morning. Beautiful blue sky looking day too. Very crisp underfoot. The dog was out and in pretty quickly this morn after the bizz. Cookstoves pegged on biscuits (550 degrees) and the Jotul is cranked at the other end of the house. Fortunately I'm into my best wood now too! Feels like a big pot of chilli, stew, or pasta sauce kinda day!:cheers:

Good idea Steve; I think we'll do chilli for lunch today!:givebeer:

I'm in one of the warmer spots in NH: -14F. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The folks above the Notches in Whitefield and Berlin were flirting with -40F.

Truth be told, I'd much rather it be below zero with sun and no wind (like now) than +10 with a stiff wind. That'll suck the warmth right out of a body. And a mid-1800s farmhouse like mine.

Last edited:
When I lived in a old farm house like that we would put blankets up blocking the door ways and try to just keep the living room and bedroom warm, the back door would have an inch of ice on it, and you kept a small electric heater blowing in on the water pipes in the bathroom when a cold spell like this came along.

Last edited:
-27 here and it makes me seriously wonder about those people in the polar bear club.
Img116.gif

When I lived in a old farm house like that we would put blankets up blocking the door ways and try to just keep the living room and bedroom warm, the back door would have an inch of ice on it, and you kept a small electric heater blowing in on the water pipes in the bathroom when a cold spell like this came along.

Yup.

Halogen worklight works wonders on maintaining the water pipes, radiant heat.

Windchill: -21 °F At 10:33 Am.standing is -9.- 21 this morning -30+ with windchill. A little north of here it was -45 standing wind

Minus 20 degrees here in the Green Mountains this morning. My woodstove is good to down around -30 degrees and then she pretty much needs some help, at least for the overnight sessions. So far this winter I have not had to use the central furnace, and I have plenty of Rock Maple on the wood-pile so all is well at the moment. Much like Mr Zodiac, I am thinking that this is a lovely day to put together a large kettle of venison stew. I believe I will let it simmer all afternoon on the corner of my wood-stove and tease myself with the aromas that come forth. By six pm or so I should be ravenous and ready to tear into my efforts along with some hot baking powder biscuits of course. Mmmmmm Mmmmmmm Good. Stay warm out there.

Maplemeister: :cheers:

Still not bad here. 5 Degrees.

Loaded up the ready pile from the stack this morning, in Sweats and a chore coat.

The lake is keeping us about 10 degrees warmer than inland.
It's supposed to get cold though.

Stay warm gang!!
Dingeryote

We had this weather in the start of Dec I was not here lol. But now I think we are the warmest place in Canada forecast calls for +10c today so around 50f not bad at all the big melt is on! and no wind the Chinook is mild:)

Last edited:
We had this weather in the start of Dec I was not here lol. But now I think we are the warmest place in Canada forecast calls for +10c today so around 50f not bad at all the big melt is on! and no wind the Chinook is mild:)

50f, I think I would lay out in the back yard and work on a sun tan.

50f, I think I would lay out in the back yard and work on a sun tan.
I was splitting wood in a T shirt yesterday!Sure is nice, but forget about going out to get more wood I would like to get a good start on next winters supply but it will be messy with 20'' of snow melting.The forecast calls for +14c on Sunday that's almost 60°f :clap:
But 70% of the time the forecast is wrong!

Pimps?

just went out and threw some wood in the furnace 9:30 pm and its 11 outside gonna go down to 1 tonight !!! to all you guys up north my hats off to you i could not frikin take it for weeks or months on end let alone the cold and add all that white stuff to get rid of:censored: on the bright side all of my mud is frozen :clap: and will be building a nice furnace room this spring to house my clayton and about a cord of wood.and my saws and splitter.hope every one is getting by allright i will be thanking god when i go to bed that im on this side of the mason-dixon line:clap:

I'll have you know.....There are some very caring and loving pimps out there!
:)

Latest posts

Back