colder than a pimps heart!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was splitting wood in a T shirt yesterday!Sure is nice, but forget about going out to get more wood I would like to get a good start on next winters supply but it will be messy with 20'' of snow melting.The forecast calls for +14c on Sunday that's almost 60°f :clap:
But 70% of the time the forecast is wrong!

Seems like us Yanks down here have been entrusted with temporary custory of Canada's arctic air. You can take it back anytime you would like to come pick it up.

Seems like us Yanks down here have been entrusted with temporary custory of Canada's arctic air. You can take it back anytime you would like to come pick it up.
Na that okay! My aunt lives in Californa and she say's if it stay's as dry and hot they will be in for another bad fire year.But I must say this is the worst Dec /Jan I can remember. I guess the last bad one was in the early 70s I cant remember as I was 3 or 4 and could care less.
Except for 1997 late January dam -40 weather!Next to the West cost I live in a Banana belt.
I can see why my best friend hates winter he was born and raised in Winterpeg and moved here when he was 14.His dad had the biggest and only snow blower on the block.They sold it shortly afterwords lol.

On the way to work last night, car said -33 below F. Warmed up to a balmy 6 above today. Feels nice, but strong south wind to take the fun out of it.

We had -33 for a low this morning...but it actually warmed up to a whopping +8 this afternoon...and is +10 as I write this...heatwave...break out the shorts and sunscreen....lol

We've had lows of -8 and -13 the last 2 nights. Please forgive me, I set the thermostat to 63 last night to give the woodstove a hand in the wee hours of the morning.

I LOVE lake effect snow!! I moved to Allegan just to GET lake effect snow! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

You and I think alike, If I didnt have so much family and roots here,I would wanted to do the exact same thing.We have the cold temps,but not much snow,Id rather a blanket of snow all winter.

I LOVE lake effect snow!! I moved to Allegan just to GET lake effect snow! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Lake Effect snow is nice once and awhile but just about everyday here is getting ridiculous. We have had more Snow Warnings this year than in 15 years when I moved up here.

It sure is Pretty though.:)

:monkey: I think there is a padded room with your name on it Nuzzy...

:laugh:

I seem to hear that a lot! :D:D What can I say... When I lived in WA I'd constantly drive up to the mountains to play in the snow. Now I get it all the time right outside my front door. Hell, I can't wipe the smile off my face every time I fire up the snow blower :biggrinbounce2:

Oh yeah, this was driving home from Battle Creek, MI last night. Was great waiting for the truck to warm up as I sat there in my t-shirt driving down the road :dizzy:

IMG00188-20090116-2329Medium.jpg

Hey Nuzz, you just gotta get a life. :crazy1: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Oh yeah, this was driving home from Battle Creek, MI last night. Was great waiting for the truck to warm up as I sat there in my t-shirt driving down the road :dizzy:

IMG00188-20090116-2329Medium.jpg

Driving a Cummins, at -11F like you ,I know thats a long wait!

Hey Nuzz, you just gotta get a life. :crazy1: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey I find nuzz comments very interesting and I'm going to school to be a meteorologist so I'm the same way only about 5 times worse. Nothing wrong with being interested in the weather

Hey I find nuzz comments very interesting and I'm going to school to be a meteorologist so I'm the same way only about 5 times worse. Nothing wrong with being interested in the weather

Hey...wait one minute !! Here we're talking about freezing a$$es, and now you're talking "METEOROLOGY" ??!!!!??!
And, please, if you are studying and going to school, please use the possessive after a proper name ( Grammar Nazi here) . As in "Nuzz' s" . :monkey:
Remember that the talk is about a meterological term: "pimps heart" (without the possessive ) :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Nuzzy,

I'm glad you're liking the white slop. Just tried to get the tractor into the field so we could get at the tree's in the west line.

No go. Am pushing snow with the back blade, and a certain point even with the 4WD and diff lock on, she's just goin sideways LOL!!!

Got 3' standing in some places, and drifts deeper than that.

Big fun!!

Enjoy the snow!

Dingeryote

Hey...wait one minute !! Here we're talking about freezing a$$es, and now you're talking "METEOROLOGY" ??!!!!??!
And, please, if you are studying and going to school, please use the possessive after a proper name ( Grammar Nazi here) . As in "Nuzz' s" . :monkey:
Remember that the talk is about a meterological term: "pimps heart" (without the possessive ) :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

For some reason I think meteorology might relate to the weather, but maybe I'm just crazy. Lol. :chainsaw:

Back