Comments or input on these kits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have gotten some Golf pistons from the first seller. Can't speak to anything other than what I have used, but I have one in my 920, 625, and just put one in an 011. I have been using the 920 for over 6 months with no problems. The 625 has only seen four tankfulls, but the piston still looks good. They seem lighter than the original, IMO. Being that these were cheaper than the originals(those I could still purchase), I do pull the muffler after every few tanks and have a look-see. I will continue to do so until a few years have past for my "peace of mind".

I have only purchased pistons, so I don't know anything about the cylinders. He has been very fair as a seller and so I come back for more when I need more. I think his name is Louis Kafarski. Hope this helps.

Bought a piston kit from this fellow too.

I've only had one experience from this gent. Piston, rings and pin for a Husky 55. It was a Mahle kit. Original equipment replacement. I originally thought I would need to replace the jug, but it cleaned up so we got lucky. Not a 660 Stilh but it does the job for firewood, etc. I would think his 30 day guarantee would make it worth a try. :clap: Let us know your results if you buy this.

Kafar is a real nice guy. I bought a 281/288 clutch cover w/ brake for my 272 (which won't accept a 281/288 cover) from him. Once I found that it didn't fit, I emailed him and sent the cover back. For 10 Dollars, he sent me a brand new 266/268/272 cover. But it doesn't have a brake.

Back