Compare Lennox Canyon 310 and Blaze King - King

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dilier23

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello, pretty new here and wanted opinions on a direct comparison of the Lennox Country Canyon 310 and the Blaze King - King model stoves. Both are free standing models.

What I have gathered so far is that the King can be loaded with a 12" 2x4 soft pine and it'll heat for three months without reloading. Ok, maybe not that long but they have a very long burn time given the right fuel.
- They are catalytic stoves
- They have a Bi-Metal thermostat that will reduce peaks in heat and extend burns.
- Large box 4+ cu.ft.
- Reputable company and parts should be available for a while.
- Price is higher, around $3,000

The Lennox Canyon I am having some trouble finding reviews and real world users. Here is what I know so far:
- Solid built stove
- 3+ cu.ft. box
- Secondary Burn EPA stove without a catalyst
- Lennox has parts available, but have sold the hearth products.
- Price is $1750

I do not mind spending the extra cash if the performance of the BK is that much better than the Lennox stove. My primary concern is that I will not be able to leave during the week and expect the gal to keep the stove running easily. Ease of use and the longest burn is what I'm after, Cat or secondary burn does not matter to me as long as it works easily. I already have two years of wood drying out, poor fuel will not be an issue.

Here is where I ask for real world experience or reviews of each stove, even better if you've had contact with both. Thanks for the info in advance.

I have the canyon 310 and I'm very happy with it. It's got a big blower, 700cfm, and cranks the heat. And all i have is poor to medium btu wood. I cant wait for another year to get into my oak & hickory. Should really heat then. This is my 2nd year with it & dry wood really makes a difference. Idk about the blaze king, but just keep in mind the canyon requires/recommends a 8" flue. I heat a 1800 sqft ranch with the stove in the basement on the far end of the house. The other end of the house I can easily keep 70-72 degrees

Blaze king has an excellent reputation, the only complaint I've heard is some think there a bit ugly. An 8 inch flue on the lennox (if its true) bothers me because I don't know of any true secondary burn units not using a 6 in flue.

Hello, pretty new here and wanted opinions on a direct comparison of the Lennox Country Canyon 310 and the Blaze King - King model stoves. Both are free standing models.

What I have gathered so far is that the King can be loaded with a 12" 2x4 soft pine and it'll heat for three months without reloading. Ok, maybe not that long but they have a very long burn time given the right fuel.
- They are catalytic stoves
- They have a Bi-Metal thermostat that will reduce peaks in heat and extend burns.
- Large box 4+ cu.ft.
- Reputable company and parts should be available for a while.
- Price is higher, around $3,000

The Lennox Canyon I am having some trouble finding reviews and real world users. Here is what I know so far:
- Solid built stove
- 3+ cu.ft. box
- Secondary Burn EPA stove without a catalyst
- Lennox has parts available, but have sold the hearth products.
- Price is $1750

I do not mind spending the extra cash if the performance of the BK is that much better than the Lennox stove. My primary concern is that I will not be able to leave during the week and expect the gal to keep the stove running easily. Ease of use and the longest burn is what I'm after, Cat or secondary burn does not matter to me as long as it works easily. I already have two years of wood drying out, poor fuel will not be an issue.

Here is where I ask for real world experience or reviews of each stove, even better if you've had contact with both. Thanks for the info in advance.

If you want a "direct comparison" you should be comparing the Princess model (2.85cf), not the King. Why are these the only two stoves you are interested in? There are lots of choices out there in that 3cf firebox range? At any rate, go to the search bar in this forum and type either one and you will have days of reading.

Blaze king has an excellent reputation, the only complaint I've heard is some think there a bit ugly. An 8 inch flue on the lennox (if its true) bothers me because I don't know of any true secondary burn units not using a 6 in flue.

It's absolutely an 8" flue, had to special order 8" round clay flue liners for it to match the stove. I'm more curious to know why/technical reason behind why you couldn't have a "true secondary burn" with an 8" flue. My secondary burn tubes work quite well. Thanks

Both are 8" flu, the Canyon has the option to go to a reducer an 6" if desired. I have a zero clearance fireplace now that was built into the house with a large flu, there will be more that enough room for the 8" double wall.

The fireboxes are different sizes, but the Lennox is on clearance and nearly half the price of the King, this is why the reason for a direct comparison.

Read until I'm blue in the face on the forums. First I had Quadrafire at the top of the list, but the local shot is really high (5700 Step Top was $3500). For that price I can get a larger box and a thermostat in the King.

Keep the info coming, it's greatly appreciated.

The only dislikes I have are 2 things... I ordered the pedestal with ash pan simply to get it up off the floor higher vs. the legs. I find the ash pan way too small, so I just scoop the ashes. Still like the added height with the pedestal though. 2nd thing is the OEM door gasket. Seems overly stiff. When it finally deteriorates, I'll put a more "squishy" gasket in. Big gasket, 7/8" or 1", not sure off top of my head. Other than that, I think it's a great stove for the $. Let us know what you decide.

Shorty, what do you get on a load with nice hardwood thats dried a year or so? Surely it's an over night 8-10 hour burner?

This year I don't have very good wood. Only my 2nd year as a homeowner. My wood consists of cherry, soft maple, box elder, walnut, hackberry. So low to medium btu wood. But I can load full at 10pm & still have coals by 8am. It's not "heating" per se after 10 hours, but it's not a cold stove. Few splits & some air, and back in business. Next year I'll be into good wood, oak, hickory, black locust, and burn times should improve. My house is so-so when it comes to insulation, but 72-74, sometimes all the way to 78 if girlfriend is spending the night, at bedtime equals 68-70 in the morning.

Latest posts

Back