Construction damage article

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeclimber165

Member A.K.A Skwerl
Reaction score
There is a very good article in TCI this month on construction damage to trees. Page 30. If you don't get it you can go to www.natlarb.com and sign up for a subscription.

Sad but true- here in R.I. just about every site I go by has a future removal job on it :angry: Saw one the other day, grade lowered about 2 feet, big oak with roots cut back WELL inside the dripline. They "saved" it as the main focal point in front of a new business-should look really nice dead :confused:

I just looked at a house with siding and new landscaping that we would like. Funny thing, they just paid $35,000 for landscaping, and there is one poplar that is so badly damaged, I gave them my professional opinion that it should be removed because its future is nil.

To bad - some can make the yard look really good, once the trees are out of the way.

and then you have my cousin who got a plot of land and went to get some sapelings fromt he woods out back and he planted them and they looked really nice for about a month and then they started to die. he was a contractor by trade so he though he knew exactly what he was doing. i later asked him how big of a root ball he dug for them. and he replied "i had to dig a root ball?" turns out he just yanked them out of the ground with his truck and planted them. he is one of the best carpenters i know but when it comes to trees or plants he dosen't knwo anything.

Latest posts

Back