Contra Lightning 'S' heat shield

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I make a mould, I think I'll remove the two pieces from around the intake manifold, as these are almost always broken and deleting them would make it easier to remove the copy from the mould.
contra S shield 002 001.JPG

Attachments

• contra S shield 002 002.JPG
    contra S shield 002 002.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 7
When are you starting a full assembly line for Contra Lightning saws with their own unique serial number? I'm amazed by the amount of parts you have already offered for reproduction.

By the way, any idea what the small hole on top is for? I have also seen 137cc cylinders with a hole that would align. Some kind of decompression port? Mine doesn't have it.

Its to keep the heatcovers in place. There is a small pin on top of the newer cylinders to fit in the hole.

Could it be the other way around too? a pin on the outer (red) cover that goes through the heat shield into the cylinder? The cylinders I mentioned earlier have a hole, not a pin. Here are some examples:

It would make a lot more sense than an actual hole through the cylinder's top.

This is one of mine late Contra AV. The pin is in the cylinder.IMG_0760 (Large).JPG

Phil -

What every happened to this initiative? I would be willing to do whatever I could to help.

On a related note, I wonder how difficult it would be to reproduce 137cc jugs and pistons, too. There are probably still a few hundred thousand Contra's out there, many which would benefit from 30 extra cc. I would be interested in helping out here, too.

By the way, does anyone have the part number for the S cylinder shroud handy? My S is about 7,000 miles away.

Thanks,

Scott

Phil -

What every happened to this initiative? I would be willing to do whatever I could to help.

On a related note, I wonder how difficult it would be to reproduce 137cc jugs and pistons, too. There are probably still a few hundred thousand Contra's out there, many which would benefit from 30 extra cc. I would be interested in helping out here, too.

By the way, does anyone have the part number for the S cylinder shroud handy? My S is about 7,000 miles away.

Thanks,

Scott
As for pistons...
Use the 090 piston! It works very well in the Contra S cylinder, in fact better than the original piston ;-)
I have one in my Contra S and a bigger carburator. It has TONS of power!!

See my Contra S with 090 piston:

Back