Converting Jred 2071 Turbo to a 371XP. Anybody well versed in this?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Den

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have a very clean Jonsered 2071 Turbo that a previous owner took completely apart, except for splitting the crankcase. It was bogging out, so he decided to "rebuild the engine".
:dumb:

From what I understand, the 2071 is a 371. My thought is to put all the 371 furniture on the 2071 crankcase.
You know, utilize the 371 tank/rear handle assembly, full wrap handle, recoil starter, top cover, high rise air cleaner cover, clutch cover and brake, air filter and filter mount neck, possibly the carb if necessary.. though I still have the original carb. etc., etc.

Can this be done, or are there differences in the actual crankcase, and positioning of the accessory mounting hole's? I envision getting all the parts together, then finding the recoil starter is no where close to bolting on correctly !!! That would be my luck.

I thought about trading my nice running Husqvarna 440 for all of these 371 Husqvarna parts. Or if someone has a complete 371 that is burned up / broken.

Attachments

• DSC09194.JPG
    DSC09194.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC09175.JPG
    DSC09175.JPG
    144.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC09181.JPG
    DSC09181.JPG
    135.7 KB · Views: 2
Cases are the same. Is something wrong with the original jred hardware and plastics?

No, not at all huskihl. The original hardware/plastics look exceptionally nice. I just like the aesthetics of the Husqvarna furniture better. Strictly a cosmetic preference.

For that matter, I could probably use 372XP plastics on the 2071 Jred crankcase and achieve the same good looks. 371/372 plastics should all interchange I'm sure.

Furthermore, I'd probably wind up selling or trading the Jred plastic's.

No, not at all huskihl. The original hardware/plastics look exceptionally nice. I just like the aesthetics of the Husqvarna furniture better. Strictly a cosmetic preference.

For that matter, I could probably use 372XP plastics on the 2071 Jred crankcase and achieve the same good looks. 371/372 plastics should all interchange I'm sure.

Furthermore, I'd probably wind up selling or trading the Jred plastic's.

Awkward lol. Don’t hear it that way very often. Shouldn’t be hard getting rid of the red/black stuff.

You will strike issues around the chain brake flag, chain brake knee and front wrap mounting positions and hole differentials, between the two saws- although essentially the same- they have subtle differences.
If you want an orange saw- start with an orange saw, should be plenty of them kicking about compared to good 20## or 21##.

You will strike issues around the chain brake flag, chain brake knee and front wrap mounting positions and hole differentials, between the two saws- although essentially the same- they have subtle differences.
If you want an orange saw- start with an orange saw, should be plenty of them kicking about compared to good 20## or 21##.
Apparently there are slight differences in the bare crankcase's then. I was mistakenly under the impression the crankcase of a 2071 and a 371 were 100% identical, except for paint color.

My plan was to swap the rear handle/fuel tank assembly, all cover's, starter, full wrap handle, the whole bit, from 2071 stuff to 371/372 stuff.

I'd sell rhe 2071 as is and buy a Husky 372.

Cases are the same. The gas tank determines which wrap handle, as the handle only bolts to the tank. They need to match. Brake handle is different, but a husky brake handle will work on a jred case.

Cases are the same. The gas tank determines which wrap handle, as the handle only bolts to the tank. They need to match. Brake handle is different, but a husky brake handle will work on a jred case.

Well dang !!!
Was hoping to use a 372XP full wrap handle on this Jred chassis.

Back