conveyors

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanko

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
does anybody have any ideas on what conveyor is the best bang for the buck. I looked at a TW-, but like there splitters, $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Here in Maine they can run $800 to $1K because they are used for firewood, hay and other things.

I just found one around 20' non-towable for $200 but the guy doesn't want to dig it out of the snow! This is a belt type.

This site had one listed in the 'for sale' section for $75 but it was in Ontario and needed a motor.
Good luck.

I just finished retrofitting a little 3 hp gas engine onto a 26' hay elevator I got a couple months ago. I put a want ad in one of the local farm classified papers for one and I bet I had 50 phone calls in the three days after the ad first ran (and the calls didn't stop for weeks). Turns out a guy right down the road about 2 miles had this one. I paid 150 bucks, and it came with a 3 hp 220 volt motor, but I wanted a gas engine on it so I wasn't tied to an extension cord. The little Briggs engine mounted right on, but it ran the elevator a lot faster than I wanted. So I added a jack shaft and a couple pulleys as a speed reduction.

I haven't ran it in earnest yet, but I pulled it out of the shop this weekend to run some wood on it and it works great. It will also come in handy putting hay up over top of our horse stalls next summer.

I mowed a guys lawn who had one buried in the woods that looked like it haden't been touched in 50 years. I gave him $50 for it and put a 5 hp tecumseh on it. It ran alright, but links and things always break on it, it is really more trouble then it is worth it. I'm already looking for a better one. I think a little more money paid for something decent will really help out in the long run.

The area I'm in isn't farm country, so I couldn't find a used bale conveyor. I was just about ready to order a new one when I saw an old bale loader in a used tractor yard about 200 miles from home. I pulled over and made a deal for it, I had to go back for it because I was headed home with a load when I saw it. I scrounged a 3 1/2 hp gas engine, and a gear box and pulley's. Bought a sheet of plywood, and started converting it into a conveyor. I worked on it when it was too wet to get into the job site so I'm not counting my time, but including the fuel used to go back and get it I have about $250.00 in it. It made a real nice little 16' conveyor.

Andy

Latest posts

Back