Parts fell off my troybilt splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Ford

Reaction score
Two pieces of steel fell off my splitter. They measure 2"x3/4"x3/4". One has considerable wear along one side.....anybody know what these are and do they have to be replaced?

Two pieces of steel fell off my splitter. They measure 2"x3/4"x3/4". One has considerable wear along one side.....anybody know what these are and do they have to be replaced?
Not sure what Troybilt you have.. Possibly these John. Called a gib. Part# for a model LS 275 is 781-0351. This is from my 20 year old manual.
20240127_083904.jpg

Not sure what Troybilt you have.. Possibly these John. Called a gib. Part# for a model LS 275 is 781-0351. This is from my 20 year old manual.
View attachment 1147927
If those are the parts you found I would not use machine until they were replaced and adjusted could cause ram to bind and cause damage.

You could also check this site and see if your model is there:
https://www.troybilt.com/en_US/prior-year-models/tb-27-ls-hydraulic-log-splitter/24CF572B711.html
Site can be a little hard to search but poke around enough and you can find things!

Back