Cordless Drill + Round File

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homemade

Certified Chainsaw Tester
Reaction score
Anybody try and chuck up there round file in a cordless drill? The idea would be to use it like a dremil tool with out spending the money and saving time. I know that files are not disigned to used in a spinning formation. I've never try'd it but just was throwing out the idea.

that reminds me of the last time i bought some dremel bits from bunnings,one of the shop assistants fronts up to me and asked if i ever tried the chainsaw stones and then continues to tell me that he sharpens his saw chains with a file.i'm thinking so what,so do i,he then tells me it's chucked up in his cordless drill,i couldn't help myself ,i laughed at him a walked away

In short, no. Have you tried to drive your car down the road going sideways? You'd have better luck finding a way to chuck the file in a reciprocating saw (not that I recommend that either, but at least the motion will be back and forth). Get a dremel tool and a correct round burr if you want to go the rotary grind route. Me, I have the dremel option but usually find I just do the light sharpening by hand with a file. If I really bugger the chain then I'll use my electric chain grinder.

Back