Correct pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Sir it is. I am sorry I posted the wrong picture the first time. Gettin' old I suppose:laugh:. As you can see it will be a bit of a challenge. I am using a 084 and a Mark III to slab it down to 36 inches so it will fit on the mill. I will post some pictures of it when I get time to slice it up.

You don't have a lot of choice other than to lop the "ears" off of the "Y" to make it 36" wide or actually slightly less. That way you preserve the crotch figure, and keep in centered in the boards.

Go make some "curly fries", but make sure you don't plug up the saw.

Mark

I wonder if there's going to be that much loss on the "ears" of the sides--seems like after you remove the bark and the sapwood, you shouldn't lose more than a couple inches on each side---(5 on each side total, obviously; if its 46" wide.)

No problem. Start from the top, go down as far as you can, roll the remaining log over on some bunker logs, and repeat. You will have a 3-4" thick piece or more remaining. Do what you want with it. Edge it and resaw to your thickness if desired.

Mark

Back