Cost to cut tree size dbh from

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bondo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi guys, how much do you guys charge to cut down and dispose the following (can you break down the cost):
DBH from 4-7 inches
DBH 8-11 inches
12-15 inches
16-19
20-23
24-27
28-31 inches
Thanks

Hey Bondo,

I think most here would agree that it's almost impossible to answer that, there are just too many variables. IMHO, location probably plays the largest role, what's around and under the tree, how long is the drag, etc. Species can also often effect cost. For example cypress can have huge amounts of volume and fill a truck quickly, this has to be taken into account. Fill the truck in an hour then it's dump time, depending on the time of day and where you are, you can be stuck in line for a loooong time. What shape is the tree in, if its hazardous the price goes up, as it takes longer to implement safety precautions. And from area to area you'll also see fluctuations in pricing. Wish I could be of more help. I'm curious why do you ask, looking to cut or have some cut?

I just read your other posts on pricing for different situations. Go with chip count. I dump chips at a flat rate, so this works best for me.

Follow up

It is pine tree....no hazardous take down or structures near by....very few branches, pretty much just cut down and loading for disposal.

Hi guys, how much do you guys charge to cut down and dispose the following (can you break down the cost):
DBH from 4-7 inches
DBH 8-11 inches
I would charge 'not to much' but more than 'nothing' for this category, a 'bit more' to remove the material and grind the stumps.
12-15 inches
16-19
A little more than 'not to much' for this category, but not quite a 'lot'. Add a few sheckels for debris removal and stumps
20-23
24-27
28-31 inches
Cost really starts going up in this category, anywhere from 'a lot' to 'a whole lot' Factor in debris removal and stumps on these jobs, cost could easily go above 'a whole bunch'

Of course I could narrow this down a little more if I had some pictures of the specific trees and maybe a branch/leaf/root count. An actual weight of all the debris would be helpful but I realize that might be kind of hard to estimate.
Hope this helps, good luck. :bang:

Follow up

There is no stump grinding...just cut flush; trees are tall with no structures near by.....there are some big ones in the range 29" that need to be carried ~600 feet to be hauled. Chipping will be too expensive....ballpark price just to cut trees in the DBH range?

Anything over 29" and I usually start charging a boatload. Really big stuff costs a sh!tload. I just thought I'd expand on Dadatwins fee schedule in case some of the trees are bigger than previously not mentioned.:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

There is no stump grinding...just cut flush; trees are tall with no structures near by.....there are some big ones in the range 29" that need to be carried ~600 feet to be hauled. Chipping will be too expensive....ballpark price just to cut trees in the DBH range?

600' each way will be 1200' for each round trip of debris removal. A mile is 1509'. Two round trips out will equal almost a 1.75 mile round trip. Since I will usually wallk slower with heavy wood and I can walk faster without carrying debris it really depends how heavy the wood is to get an accurate figure. Also need to know wind speed and ground slope to get an almost maybe approximate amount to estimate. Given the facts so far I figure you might be in the boatload price category. Thanks Husky for mentioning that price, I don't do many boatload jobs a year so I left out that category in my first list. :deadhorse:

Last edited:
600' each way will be 1200' for each round trip of debris removal. A mile is 1509'. Two round trips out will equal almost a 1.75 mile round trip. Since I will usually wallk slower with heavy wood and I can walk faster without carrying debris it really depends how heavy the wood is to get an accurate figure. Also need to know wind speed and ground slope to get an almost maybe approximate amount to estimate. Given the facts so far I figure you might be in the boatload price category. Thanks Husky for mentioning that price, I don't do many boatload jobs a year so I left out that category in my first list. :deadhorse:

Our miles have a few more feet in them. :hmm3grin2orange:

mileage

at that rate, i am going to move to the town where Dadatwins is from, with gas prices being what they are the mileage on my truck will go up!!!:)

cutting trees is like doing auto body repair, you can not give a price until you see the work, so, that means we can not price your job because we can't see it.

Back