Cover fit??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doc874

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Does any one know if a Pioneer P42 starter cover will fit the Farmsaw?? The reason i ask is because i saw three P42's on ebay and if it does fit i would like buy one for the parts. I don't particularly like buying from ebay as of late because it seems its getting worse for Fraud, phishing emails and phony bidding etc.. i would rather buy from this AS site as i know i am getting whats describe and won't likely get rooked. Thanks.

Doc

I think you would have to change the flywheel with the cover. If I am not mistaken the p42 uses spring loaded dogs on the flywheel to catch the hub of the recoil pulley. The Farmsaw uses a "Bendix" similar to a car starter to engage the flywheel, this motion is what engages the automatic compression release on the Farmsaw. The old P40 used a starter similar to the Farmsaw according to one I have here, just didn't have the little arm for the compression release.

Cover fit.

I ask because the ebay auction is for the power head, it comes with the flywheel and starter housing etc, just wasn't sure those parts were compatable with the Farmsaw. Thanks.

Doc

Back