crab apple tree

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sondra

Reaction score
I just moved into a house that has a crab apple tree in the back yard. It bore apples but worms and flies and other insects devowered them all. I have no clue how to take care of the tree and what to treat it with so that the friut will be edible. Please HELP!!!!

Fruit trees need alot of care to produce good fruit. I spray my trees at work 8 times during the season. That will give you perfect fruit , but you can do less if you dont mind a few defects. Use a copper spray at budbreak for fireblight in early april. then 14 days later use nova 2 oz/ 100 and dithane 1lb/100 and imidan 1lb/100 and a sticker 6oz/100. this is the fruit tree mix. apply the fruit tree mix again 14 days later. and again 14 days later and again 14 days later . then 28 days later in july apply it again without the dithane and again 28 days later without the dithane then in september apply insecticidal soap or oil. PS. do not spray imidan during bloom or you will kill the bees that are pollinating the trees . I hope this helps . John

Latest posts

Back