craftsman 4 cycle weedeater

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backhoelover

Free service manuals and service tool info
Reaction score
does anyone have a newer style craftsman 4 cycle trimmers that has a bad cylinder? I need some valve springs. dealer says you cant get them that i have to buy a short block for 120.00

Did you try looking up the model number yourself? I can't imagine not being able to buy those separate but can imagine a dealer saying that just to keep people from trying to repair those

yeah you can only get a short block with i think is not right. i found a spring that will work just need to cut it to fit. now all i nees is the pull start dogs housing you cant buy it by itself also have to buy a short block which is crazy

I'm near St. Louis and I see those from time to time on St. Louis Craigslist; sometimes as the upper half only of a split-shaft trimmer. Seems like they're usually asking $35-50 for them. Still kind of steep for a pair of valve springs, but if you could find a running one in that price ballpark, maybe your current one could become a parts engine and you could use the newer one. That might take the sting out a bit...

Latest posts

Back