Craftsman CompuCarve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Movie and ratings

They had a movie showing on how it works at my local sears . If you go into sears website you can check out what customers say about it. They actually let people post negative comments too ! I like to make tool boxes and jewelry boxes, I thought this tool would be good for me .

They had a movie showing on how it works at my local sears . If you go into sears website you can check out what customers say about it. They actually let people post negative comments too ! I like to make tool boxes and jewelry boxes, I thought this tool would be good for me .

The feedback I've heard from woodworker forums is basically a lot of common sense. That being, for many woodworkes the Compucarve is just the ticket. For others it wouldn't last a month before they burned it up. It was not designed for production work, it was designed for occasional routing/carving in relatively small sized stock by both the hobby and serious woodworker. The key is size, versatility and whether it is rugged enough for production work or not. Even the cheapest Shopbot will run you around $5K. Since that's almost three times the price of a Compucarve, I can see why Compucarve has a niche. For a non-production shop with not a lot of room and a small budget to match that small space, the Compucarve is great for occasional small signs, boxes, intricate small carvings etc.

This is like chainsaws, cars, power tools and almost everything else. There are many price points... each looking to grab a certain part of the market. You can't compare a Compucarve to a Shopbot any more than you can compare a truck to a motercycle. They will both get you down the road but... you get the point.

Nice technology

Thanks for sharing. I'm a computer programmer by trade. Looks fun. I will have to go play with my friends metal cnc machine. He always wants me to try out those fancy machines. I tell him I'll stick to fixing his computers and network. Always left the waterjet and cnc to him. But I will try to make a couple of name plates for the pig roaster and log splitter.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back