Craigs score of the day 2/7/15

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MGoBlue

Those who stay will be champions
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Always scouring craigslist for steals. Last night I notice the ad for 18" XP $250. Inquired immediately and he didn't even know what model it was. Several hours later... 346. Yahtzee! I am now in the process of cleaning it up. First thing I did was pull the muff to look @ the piston. Dayum! Looks brand new. Lots of carbon build up though. I'm giddy! My 3 saw plan is complete. 346xp, 357xp and 394xp. Life is good (but will be better when my parts come back from the wicked shop)!

And for the optical illusion of the day:

The muff doesn't have anything in the chamber closest to the cyl so I'm wondering if the cat stuff is in the front?

good score,,, I found one locally same condition but he wouldn't budge off of 500,,,,, you might get lucky and it not have the cat in it

The muffler will be hollow if it's not a cat muffler.

Great looking cleaning job looks like a different saw, for the cost of the saws in my opinion that is how your saw is suppose to look and kept after using. I clean my saws, weed-eaters, mowers, etc. etc. regularly since it is easier to inspect one if there is a problem when they are clean.
How did under the covers clean up?

UM .......pun intended... YOU SUCK and this has nothing to do with Michigan.....
I see what ya did there... lol!

Nice thing about a little carbon is that you can figure it has been tuned rich or babied. Much better than the alternatives.
Exactly what I though when I opened it up. I couldn't be much happier!

I have an 026 that I had to dremel the exhaust port. Nothing short of that would budge the buildup.

Nice score! The WoW factor is to cut with it now,then after the muffler is swapped out. WOW!

Does the top of the muffler have CAT stamped into it? If it's hollow it may have been gutted.

I don't see cat stamped on it, but like I stated earlier, it feels a little heavier than others I've held.

The muff bolts were very loose. Not turn-able with your bare hand loose but definitely not tight. Guess a little loctite red is in order when I reassemble. Maybe why my gasket was so brittle?

I don't see cat stamped on it, but like I stated earlier, it feels a little heavier than others I've held.

The muff bolts were very loose. Not turn-able with your bare hand loose but definitely not tight. Guess a little loctite red is in order when I reassemble. Maybe why my gasket was so brittle?
Looks like a cat muffler to me. I modded the one on my 359 by adding an outlet behind the baffle...
image.jpg
image.jpg

Yeah, looks like a Cat. 544 02 85 01 is Cat and 544 02 83 01 is non Cat. Still an excellent score!! have fun.

I'm still drooling! That's got to be the front runner for "You Suck Chainsaw Score of the Year." It's only early Feb. and this is going to be very tough to beat. Good for you, man.

That's a cat muffler I just drilled two holes from the front to the back half in front of the exhaust port equaling about 70% of the exhaust port area worked well on the mint 359 I scored off craigslist for $140 I love Craig's list

Latest posts

Back