Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know you're a redneck when...

Here's a new way to sell wood....by the quart.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/892442821.html

100% sesond firewood
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-10-24, 7:47PM CDT

100% sesond firewood 150 for half a quart and 250 for a full quart.we deliver it directly to your addres and will stack too.plese contact devin at 214-533-8908

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 892442821

Absolutely amazing. Lets just hope "devin" wasn't at the top of his class. :dizzy:

Here's a new way to sell wood....by the quart.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/grd/892442821.html

100% sesond firewood
Reply to: see below
Date: 2008-10-24, 7:47PM CDT

100% sesond firewood 150 for half a quart and 250 for a full quart.we deliver it directly to your addres and will stack too.plese contact devin at 214-533-8908

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 892442821

And to think that moron is running around with a chainsaw...:jawdrop:

Fire starter available

kindling wood (dsm ne)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2008-10-26, 8:05PM CDT

Hey the wind today has blown thousands of little sticks and branches in my yard, great dry sticks for starting fire, come and get it, it's free and lots of sizes to choose from. :) thanks

These people need a good :buttkick: How could you live with yourself after posting this :spam:

Brian

bring your own wheelbarrow!

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/for/893987703.html

Fire wood - $20 (Dillsburg)

Date: 2008-10-26, 11:02AM EDT

100% oak firewood
$20.00 per wheel barrow load / wheel barrow not included
large quantity avalible

1271g8138ZZZZZZZZZ8aq0097d5671c611504.jpg

Last edited:
And now for a laugh on the buyer side of things. Note that a full cord delivered but not stacked goes for about $225 around here.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/wan/894653375.html

Need Full Cord of Good Firewood - $100 (Dupont Circle, DC)
Date: 2008-10-27, 7:50AM EDT

I need a full cord (4'x8') of Good Seasoned Firewood Delivered and Fully Stacked by you. Willing to pay $100 total. Would need to be delivered after 6:30 during the week or flexible on weekend. Sooner the better!

Emails only please. Direct responses to Matt. Thank you.

I know some of the ads seem outrageous on first take ~ and they are ~ but, I'm wondering if there are some folks out there who really need help and they just don't know how to ask for it. They are doing the best they can in wording their craigslist ads.

There are probably 30 examples of real doozies. Although, their may be one sincere person in those 30 "doozies" who is really "up against the wall," and they don't know what else to do.

Just a thought. I know thinking gets me into trouble sometimes, but decided to pass this along.

20' Birch Tree For Sale $25 - Canton - $25 (Canton)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2008-10-28, 12:38PM EDT

I have a 20' birch tree (perfect shape with 4" trunk) that I would like removed from my property (I'd guess such a tree would cost $200/$300 from a landscaper). I'll sell it for $25, but it will have to be removed with a spade. If I don't sell it, I'm cutting it down on November 14th.

I love the last sentence (If I don't sell it, I'm cutting it down):greenchainsaw:

20' Birch Tree For Sale $25 - Canton - $25 (Canton)

Date: 2008-10-28, 12:38PM EDT

I have a 20' birch tree (perfect shape with 4" trunk) that I would like removed from my property (I'd guess such a tree would cost $200/$300 from a landscaper). I'll sell it for $25, but it will have to be removed with a spade. If I don't sell it, I'm cutting it down on November 14th.

I love the last sentence (If I don't sell it, I'm cutting it down):greenchainsaw:

:monkey: That aint much less than the timber buyer offered to pay me for my MUCH bigger cherry,oak...trees.

6 Ton Compact Log Splitter - $50 (Chesterfield)

Date: 2008-10-28, 3:43PM EDT

Compact machine applies 6 tons of pressure to split logs over 2 ft. long. Affordable price makes it ideal for the homeowner.

Maximum log capacity: 27'' long x 8'' diameter

Brand new never used.

1f41g1131ZZZZZZZZZ8as0498fb65e6c4173c.jpg

Brand New.......wonder why they never used it....:buttkick:

that picture they show is great....I want to see it split that log....junk

lots of force.
cycle time mesured with a day planner not a stop watch.....
several of those CL around here. also the ones with two long hand levers for 'faster cycling'....

and the arguments go on about + or - a few tons, or a few seconds. Any splitter is a real blessing compared to those deals.

and the fun keeps coming:
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/zip/899427494.html

Last edited:
You guys have to cut and past the actual ad since the original poster often deletes the ad when ever.

Here's one:

FIREWOOD $25 A GREAT DEAL - $25 (BELLE, MO)
Date: 2008-10-29, 3:47PM CDT

WE HAVE SOME FIREWOOD MOSTLY CUT UP. ITS HARDWOOD AND BEEN CUT ABOUT 1 OR 2 MONTHS AGO. IT NEED TO GO TODAY OR TOMORROW. I WILL LET YOU CUT DOWN THE REST OF THE 2 BIG TREES FOR FREE IF YOU WANT THAT WOOD TOO!

THANKS

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Nice of him to "let" you cut down the other trees for "free"....

Steve

I have 3 red oaks in my front yard that will be cut next week. 3 of them are 36" at the base and one is 12". One tree is currently cut and you are welcome to get that this weekend. the others will be next week.

Get cord wood for less than half the price! 2 and half short bed trucks should give you a cord of wood.

Short bed $50 6x4x2
Long Bed $65 8x4x2

or take it all for $750. There should be a least 5-6 cords

1121f91213nf3me3oe8b6d2073b039f581343.jpg

http://worcester.craigslist.org/grd/908400541.html

Is it just me, or does it seem to be a bit less then 6 cords between the felled tree and the two others standing in the middle?

Latest posts

Back