Craigslist laughs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy wants to trade working on saws for tattoos!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/bar/981921963.html

I do small engine repair and specialize in 2 cyle engines such as chain saws, trimmers, blowers, etc. I was a top 10 Stihl dealer in Northern California for 3 years in a row. Have lots of experience. I will consider trades, tell me what you have.
I will pick up and deliver for a $20 charge in the Vancouver area or you deliver to me, I'll diagnose while you're here and tell you what parts you need. You buy the parts, bring back to me and I'll fix it. There are a lot of circumstances when parts aren't even needed. I also sharpen chains by hand and can teach you the proper filing techniques. Licensed. Trade for fishing gear, guitar stuff, tattoo work, tools.

At first I had something totally different in mind. That he would be willing to trade repair labor for removed tatoos. Seems a bit better after reading the entire CL post. They reffer to them as artwork, I just couldnt fathom displaying any in a frame on the wall. Sounds like he is wanting to get more inkwork done.

Free firewood with good ad copy!

Chainsaw Diet (Highland, Il)
Reply to: [email protected] [?]
Date: 2009-01-12, 7:25PM CST

Have you gained a few pounds over the holidays? Are you ready to loose some weight and gain some good firewood ...for free? Bring on the chainsaw and work off those lbs. No joke we have lots of downed trees to be cut up. You haul away and be nice and warm for the winter ahead.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 990584517

Not really someone to mock, I just loved his sense of humor at the end:

Selling green hardwood, mostly maple for $100 a cord unsplit. $150 split. Free delivery in area, small charge otherwise. Don't pay more to have someone age your wood for you. Go green!

Wish I could be this balls-y

http://madison.craigslist.org/for/992393811.html

Need some firewood for your fireplace but don't want to pay the price at the gas stations. I sell bundles of dry firewood cut small for a fireplace for only $6. Each bundle contains 10 pieces and includes kindling. Will also sell 1/4 facecord (4 feet high and 4 feet long) for $60. Can deliver

Whoooo!! Pricey!!!

This dude is selling in a suburb of Madison where a LOT of new subdivisions have grown up in the last 10 years. I grew up there when the back yard was a huge stand of burr oak complete with a homemade deer stand. We woke to the cows lowing and the manure spreaders spreading... they outlawed THAT with an ordinance when the neighbors decided that they didn't like the smell.

THEN DON'T F**KING MOVE TO THE COUNTRY!!!

a@@holes... and we wonder why farmers sell out and urban sprawl continues

4x4 to me is half a face cord...assuming he meant 1/2 face cord, that's $480/cord and in line with what I've seen advertised around Worcester for small loads.

If he's actually selling a 4'x2'x16" 1/4 face cord for $60, more power to him. Probably can deliver that in a Subaru and save gas :)

Love the posts, but the Craig's List links expire pretty quickly.

Please think about cutting and pasting the text from the ads along with the links so that we can get the full flavor.

Thanks for sharing.

Philbert

4x4 to me is half a face cord...assuming he meant 1/2 face cord, that's $480/cord and in line with what I've seen advertised around Worcester for small loads.

If he's actually selling a 4'x2'x16" 1/4 face cord for $60, more power to him. Probably can deliver that in a Subaru and save gas :)

Heh... I've packed my Forester chock-full of free-off-the-curb stuff many times.

The ironic part is gas stations around here sell bundles - about the same size as his 'fireplace bundle' for $5 or so... Yeah, the gas station bundles don't include kindling...

I dunno... I guess I'm just fired up because I see the old hunting and BMX exploring territory of my youth sacrificed to tract after tract of McMansions...:cry:

I have a pine tree you can have but I would expect that if you want my wood you would clean up the yard too....... argh....

Russian women... for half the price of a chainsaw!

I always wondered what all these Russian women do after they get married, and after 3 years, stick their hand out and say, "I wanting HALF!" and get divorced. Why not start milking clock all over again?!?!

Hello, my name is Tatiana

I know many gorgeous, well educated local Russian women who are interested in meeting American men for a SERIOUS LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP.
I live here in Portland, and I started my dating agency "Tatiana's Russian Dating Service" to introduce beautiful English speaking Russian ladies, who live in Portland, to American gentlemen. Most of these women have US Citizenship.

Don't waste thousands of dollars flying to Russia to meet Russian ladies,
they are already here! I only charge one hundred dollars for each introduction to find you someone very special. There is of course no charge if you continue dating after my introduction.

Please email me if you are interested in meeting these beautiful Russian women ages 35 to 55, and I will email you photos for you to select from. Please share your age, occupation, education, and preferred age for the ladies you would like to meet. (I AM SORRY, BUT I WILL NOT RESPOND IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION) Please also send me one of your photos.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Tatiana

Yah, I an surprised that she does not ask for a bank account to verify... probably in the follow-up. You know, they need the bank account numbers to deposit all those Russian rubles into, along with all that deposed Nigerian dictator's widow's money. Maybe I will call her and get a hot date. Take the 361s on the first date, and see what they say? :chainsaw:

$100 for a date... geez. Lots of Russians around the PNW these days. About as thick as the Mexicans now. Most are illegals as well. I see these "Learn English" signs up printed half in Cyrillic, half in Spanish. *sigh*

Yah, I an surprised that she does not ask for a bank account to verify... probably in the follow-up. You know, they need the bank account numbers to deposit all those Russian rubles into, along with all that deposed Nigerian dictator's widow's money. Maybe I will call her and get a hot date. Take the 361s on the first date, and see what they say? :chainsaw:

$100 for a date... geez. Lots of Russians around the PNW these days. About as thick as the Mexicans now. Most are illegals as well. I see these "Learn English" signs up printed half in Cyrillic, half in Spanish. *sigh*

Dont feel to bad. A middle sized town close by, Morristown, has a section of town now that if you dont speak Spanish you have no idea what the stores are. All the store fronts are spanish, and the local mexicans have been raising cain with the city to replace all the street signs in the area with spanish signs.
Its a sad day when you are in america and cant read any of the signs around you.
Okay, off the soapbox now..

2008 husqvarna 359 chainsaw

i have a new husky that i bought last year for around $560.00 plus tax not too mention the extra chain or gas and oil cans too! i don't want to sell it but i'm doing a engine swap on my 4X4 and am running a little short on funds. this is a great saw the smallest of the commercial models. currently has a 24" bar but will easily hold a bigger one with plenty of power. i sold my wood stove so i have no use for this tool other than camping.i probably only used the saw about 2hrs of run time at all. my price is firm my name is john call anytime if it's during the day i'll be at work and might have to meet up with you after 5pm. first come first serve and no trades unless you have 33x10.5 mud tires on 6lug toyota wheels. :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back